1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS - Roscoe Century 3006 JJ

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by johns46140, Oct 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johns46140

johns46140 Supporting Member

Black4.

*** Price Drop $2400 Shipped ***

For sale is a beautiful Roscoe Century 3006 JJ bass that I picked up here on TalkBass last year. The bass was completed in September of 2010 and the serial number is 6197.

I believe that this bass was the first “official” Roscoe 6-String with the Jazz style pickups.

A few details regarding the bass:

• Model: Century-3006 w/ Dual J Pickups ($4145)
    • Top: Exhibition Grade Spalted Quilted Maple (+$450)
    • Body: Swamp AshFinish: Natural Gloss
    • Preamp: Bart 9V/3-Way
    • Pickups: Bartolini J-Style Humbuckers
    • Neck: Standard String Spacing: Standard 18.3mm
    • Fingerboard: Pau Ferro (+$30),
    • Fretted: 12th Fret Inlay: Standard
    • Nut: Diamondwood (+$75)
    • Hardware: Black
    • Case: Hardshell (+$200)

Total Retail Price = $4900

This bass is in amazing condition and has been well taken care of in my smoke free home. It has unmatched playability and tone and there are no notable issues.

The bass comes with a hard shell case that is in near perfect condition. You also get the case key and original letter from Roscoe.

I am looking to for [DEL]$2575[/DEL] $2400 shipped to the CONS. Paypal is ok.

I am not interested in any trades at this time as I have recently taken delivery of a custom build and I was using this bass to wait out the build time.

Here’s a link to the previous sale thread. The previous owner had some great photos and went into additional details describing the weight etc…

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/ft-fs-roscoe-century-3006-jj-904618/

Thanks for looking please hit me up with any questions you have.

More Pics

Black5.

Black3.

Black6.

Black4.

Black2.

Black1.

RoscoeKJ5.

RoscoeKJ7.

RoscoeKJ6.

2. bump

3. johns46140

bump

4. I have a standard Jazz...These Roscoes are simply off-the-chain!

5. johns46140

You are correct. This really is a great bass. The pictures don't do it justice and this thing plays like butter.

6. johns46140

Reasonable offers considered

7. jebmd

jebmd Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Lothian, Maryland
    Bump this beauty up! I am the original owner and sold it to John. It is indeed an incredible bass. If I were playing 6ers I'd grab her back. Great tber to deal with here folks. Great pics but amazing in person.

8. johns46140

Thanks Jeb. The bass is amazing in person. If you are looking for a wide sixer she's definitely a keeper.

Here's a couple more pics to try to capture some of the magic.

New2.

New1.

New7.

New3.

New8.

New5.

9. Moooon

Moooon

Nov 15, 2011
    nice!!!

10. johns46140

*** Price Drop Bump *** $2400 Shipped

11. johns46140

I have an ebay offer but I much prefer to sell it here to avoid the high fees. Please let me know today if you have any interest in this bass.

I also received a PM asking if there was any damage on the bass. I posted a reply but I also wanted to reply to the thread as well.

The bass is three years old but I would rate it as a 9.8 or 9.9 out of 10 considering that it's used. There are no dings, scratches or swirl marks on the bass. I went over the entire bass and the two items that I found were:

1. There is a very small fingernail size nick on the side of the neck near on of the fret markers.

2. If I hold the bass in the right light and angle I can see small cloud on the finish near one of the knobs. This is very hard to see unless you are looking for it and holding the bass at the correct angle.

I am attaching pictures of each item. Again, please let me know today if you have any interest because this bass may be gone by tomorrow if I accept the ebay offer.

Thanks,

KJ

6579bc2b-5f56-487f-889f-0ad265525d17.

a1c1e3fa-2422-4f25-a6da-0f8a7cf6b259.

12. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    I own an SKB 3006 with the JJ pickups and it just kills. Mine has the PU's placed closer towards the bridge.

This is a lot of bass for the money. If I didn't already have so many Roscoe basses......well, you know!

Chuck

13. johns46140

Sold via eBay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.