1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS Roscoe Century VI, rare madrone burl

Discussion in 'For Sale: Europe & International' started by vilkai, Aug 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vilkai

vilkai

Jul 1, 2008
    Finland
    bought this bass from Robin Ruscio at this forum last year, selling off tons of instruments to finance a Fodera.

I've had several Roscoes and this is tied for the best one, with the white ash bodied SKB3005. The top is fairly rare, the body is Spanish cedar. End result: very full tone, with a sweeter c-string than most 35" basses. Works reeeally well for most fingerstyle genres. Also has Roscoe barts, Demeter pre-amp. 35" scale, 18,3 mm string spacing, the famous Roscoe neck, and one of the very best B-strings around. I've had Dingwalls, and Roscoe can take Dingwall.

Ergonomics: Roscoe has some of the best ergonomics around. From the way it balances to the neck dimensions to body contours, nothing detracts from playing.

Robin gigged this one a LOT, I've used other basses on the side. All in all, in good condition, but it has been gigged. Everything is in full working order. Comes with a generic hard case or a gig bag.

withdrawn for some luthier loving

P8163936.
    P8163939.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.