Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: Roscoe LG-2005

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by lwleaver, Jul 25, 2005.

1. lwleaver

lwleaver Something cute and clever.

Apr 10, 2002
    Philadelphia, PA
    I have a Roscoe LG-2005 for sale. I love this bass, but I do not play it out since I am in a bar band. It is too great a shape to have some drunk nitwit jump on stage and ding it up, or spill beer on it. So, I would like to find her a home where she will be played. According to the information I have Keith made these for Canadian retailers, between 95-97, as a less expensive bass without some of the options of his current line. This bass does not have the arch top like his current basses. It is in excellent condition with the only problem I can find is a bit of wear around one of the pots. All this has done is create a shiny spot in the finish.
    The bass has the following specs:
    Maple Burl Top
    Ash Body
    Flame Maple headstock
    EMG DC 145 pickups w/ 9-volt battery
    Volume/Pan/Tone control.
    Hipshot Ultralight hardware
    This is a really light and easy playing bass. I am asking 1000 plus shipping. The bass comes in a form fit case. It is the same case as what they use now except it does not have the Roscoe logo.
    The only things I can trade for at the moment are items for my practice PA. I need Banana plug to 1/4" adapters, 4-25' speaker cables, 2 cheap monitors. I have also been kicking around a Lakland 55-01.
    I have pictures so let me know if you want some to check out.

Thanks,
    Landon

Attached Files:

2. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I just want to say that I at one time had a six string version of this bass. This folks is a fabulous bass at a steal of a price.

3. lwleaver

lwleaver Something cute and clever.

Apr 10, 2002
    Philadelphia, PA
    I gave the bass a through once over tonight and realized there are some minor scratches on the back of the bass from playing her with a shirt with buttons. They are light and very minor, and do not go through the finish, but definitely need to be mentioned. So, I am dropping the price to 900 for today only. After 6 PM EST I am going to list it up on eb*y. I will answer any and all replies before I do so, but I find myself in need for some PA gear and money in general. I would love for this to go a a T'ber. Drop me a line if you are interested, need info, pics, etc.
    Thanks,
    Landon

Oh, I am looking for a few things mentioned above. Hell, run trades by me since my GAS changes about every 30 seconds. Oh, one other thing I need is a new preamp for my Modulus. I need something that will allow me to control the high/low/mid seperately. I currently have a Bartolini NTBT in there I can trade or sell if I find a new pre.

4. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    PM sent. Hope it's not gone.

5. bryanonbass

bryanonbass

May 13, 2001
    Northern NJ
    i just sent you a message. Email me if you are interested in a trade for some of my PA gear.