1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS Roscoe SKB 3005 Fretless

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by basses55, Dec 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. basses55

basses55 Gold Supporting Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Endorsing artist: Alleva Coppolo Basses and Guitars, FBass, La Bella-Olinto Bergantino Audio Systems
    Here is one of the best sounding/playing fretlesses out there....in pretty well mint condition too. Tons of mwah and lots of different tones including the low mid boost option on the mid knob- perfect for fretless.

I've had this for a few years and will be sorry to part with it....the reason I'm selling is because I have another fretless that I also play that goes passive which I've become accustomed to .

Action is low and it plays great...top is beautiful with lots of detail and figuring (tried to get it in the pics), comes with the original case and even the strap I found in it from the factory. I've gone over it and I cant find any dings..but I'm sure there may be a mark or two somewhere in the clear finish so I'll just say its "near mint".

-Spanish Cedar body
    -Figured maple top and headstock
    -Maple/purpleheart/maple neck
    -Diamondwood fingerboard (lined)
    -35"scale
    -Bartolini pups and pre ( vol, blend, mid- with low mid boost pulling up on knob, stacked bass/treble)
    -Graphite nut

$1700 shipped to Continental US ( I am in Canada so my shipping cost is alot more than between States) You cover Paypal charges. No trade considerations ( except for possibly Celinder Updates). If you dont have paypal I'll consider other forms of payment too.

I thought I'd put it up here first before it goes to other sites :)

Thanks for taking a look!

2. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Endorsing artist: Alleva Coppolo Basses and Guitars, FBass, La Bella-Olinto Bergantino Audio Systems
    Here are a few more pics..sorry the headstock one is a little blurry.

3. adrian garcia

adrian garcia In Memoriam

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    you are killing me because this is one of my top 3 fave fretless basses in the world, if not the very favorite and it is ideal, lined and everything... but i cannot afford it.
    anyone even considering it should go for it, they sound amazing.

4. bassjamm

bassjamm

Mar 22, 2006
    If i wasn't just about to get a NS Wav 4 EUB i'd be snapping your arm off for this right now...that's assuming you'd post to the UK of course!!!

5. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto

Adrian....thanks for posting and the nice words for the bass. I totally agree with you about this model..and I will prob slap myself someday. I actually thought of you for this....I'd like to see it go to a good home..PM me if you think there's anything we could work out. I have a little sick feeling in my stomach letting this go...

Hope you are doing very well these days,
    Mitch

6. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    lol..ya never know what can happen!

PM me if you have any ideas.

M

7. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

Roscoes are among the best fretless made. For my money, they are the best.

If you like fretless, you'll love a fretless Roscoe.

8. lovesmiley

lovesmiley

Jul 19, 2006
    CT
    PM sent!!

9. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    PM returned

10. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Thanks for posting Bassman.....reading these things almost breaks my heart! lol

11. Steve Clark

Steve Clark

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    That looks like a fantastic bass. I love my Rob Allen but I'm sure I would like the Roscoe low end more than my RA. Good luck with the sale. If it was a 6 I'd have a hard time controlling myself. I agree with Adrian: I like the lines.

12. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto

Thanks Steve, the Roscoe and RA are so different...but they both do what they do so well IMO.

13. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    bump...

14. Wow, that's one stunning Roscoe!

15. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    SOLD

Thanks for the replies and PMS!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.