1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS Roscoe SKB3006

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by CrashClint, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am

Nov 15, 2005
    Wake Forest, NC
    DR Strings Dealer (local only)
    Went to the Orthopedics yesterday and got my third shot of Cortizone and Lidocaine in the last 6 months. I broke my wrist last spring and the pain I am experiencing has brought me to this sad point. :crying:

MSRP on this bass is $4,850.00 as spec'd I would rate this bass an 8.75 out of 10 due to a small chip in the finish on one of the inside horns, I still can't figure out how it got there. I will get a picture posted. I will sell outright for $1850 shipped to ConUS.

Here is "The Roscoe" The action on this bass is super low.

Body - lightly figured Spanish Cedar
    Top - Spalted Flamed Maple
    Neck - Maple/Purpleheart
    Fretboard - Spalted Purpleheart with Sapwood
    Nut - Estate Ivory (Upgrade)
    Pickups - Roscoe Bartolini
    Preamp - Demeter 18volt 3 band (Upgrade)
    Tuners - Gold Hipshot with D-tuners on the E and B strings (Upgrade)
    Bridge - Roscoe Hipshot with Gold Accents
    Knobs - Roscoe Gold

These are older pictures so they do not show the Black Beauty Strings that are currently on the bass. I will get some newer pics

2. CrashClint

Nov 15, 2005
    Wake Forest, NC
    A couple more pics

3. CrashClint

Nov 15, 2005
    Wake Forest, NC
    Yet more pics

$1850 shipped ConUS

4. CrashClint

Nov 15, 2005
    Wake Forest, NC
    Ok, I put a price on my treasured Roscoe $1850 shipped ConUS. See the pics below.

5. Must....resist.....temptation.....

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!

What a great price - are you SURE you want to do this? Time heals all things, bro.

Z

6. skb5string

skb5string Supporting Member

Jun 3, 2007
    Clinton Township, MI
    PM sent

7. Shelly

Shelly

Jul 12, 2006
    Brighton, Michigan
    Wow Clint,

Sorry that it has come to this point for you. I remember how proud you were to receive that bass. That's a great price for the instrument, too!

8. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    You aren't giving up playing are you?:eek:

Or is it just the 6'er that's giving you grief?

9. alembic5

alembic5

Dec 5, 2004
    Seattle, Wa.
    I can't believe it. I've been drooling over your avatar bass for months... that frettboard is just amazing. I really wish I had the cash to bring it home. Makes me very sad... :( Good luck Clint!

10. CrashClint

Nov 15, 2005
    Wake Forest, NC
    I am not giving up bass!!! I can handle the 3000 and 3005 basses with no problem. Just the way my wrist set it causes pain. If I play for more than 45 minutes on my 6er it starts to get uncomfortable. Two sets and I am finished.

It seemed like it was getting better, but what I realized, I have never stopped playing my 6er except for a short time when it was feeling better and I never put 2 & 2 together that the stretch on the 6 string was causing problems until I took the bass with me to my doctors office and he watched me play. It kind of blew my mind a little, that little difference in the fretboard width between a 6 and a 5 could make that much difference in the angle of my wrist while playing

I could have them operate, but my doctor advised me to wait and see how I do playing a 4 or 5 string bass. My SKB3006 is like a magnet, not even thinking I was watching a Marvin Gaye special on VH1 classics and picked up the 3006 and started playing along. Because of the shots, I am not feeling too much pain. It took my wife saying, what are you doing! for me to realize I was playing. I guess that is my dilimma, if it is in the house I am going to play it. Darn that Keith Roscoe and his basses, lol.

The reason I am asking $1850, I have to be realistic. The bass is a few years old and it is not in mint condition, though it is in very good condition and I would prefer it go to a TBer.

I will post a pic of the chip tomorrow. It looks about the size of a BB, almost like there was an air bubble in the clear, it is just weird because I do not remember ever hitting it on anything, it was just there after an open mic night.

11. Sorry to see you selling your 3006. But I kind of understand your pain, it's just in my case, I didn't have to give up a bass or anything. I broke my left clavicle this past summer and since then it does bother me to play bass strapped for too long of a period since the weight of the bass applies pressure to my left clavicle, but it's not anything as serious as needing pain killers like in your case. Hope you heal up.

12. CrashClint

Nov 15, 2005
    Wake Forest, NC
    Here are two pictures of the chip. The lighting wasn't that great and I was trying to balance the bass and take a picture with my iPhone, so they didn't come out all that great.

Off topic a little, am I strange? Ok, when I watch TV, with the exception of sporting events I have my Roscoe in hand. I will play during commercials and if the commercial has some good music, I will play along with the commercial. If I am watching VH1 Classics , I always have my bass out listening and playing. Does anyone's wife think they are strange for doing the same thing? :bassist:

13. Strange ?? Not at all
    I do it, my teacher does it too. :)

14. Steve Clark

Steve Clark

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    Sorry to see you have to sell such a beautiful instrument. ITs too bad some kind of compromise in strap/bass/hand position couldn't be found to allow you to play. I'd like to get those D-tuners for my SKB3006's as well.

15. CrashClint

Nov 15, 2005
    Wake Forest, NC
    I tried strapping the bass higher on my body and playing everything above the 5th fret, it felt ok until I hit the B string. Oh to have longer fingers.

Here is another picture of the body, unfortunately taken in bad light.

16. Aarix

Aarix

May 19, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    Holy smokes. What's the scale length/spacing?

17. CrashClint

Nov 15, 2005
    Wake Forest, NC
    It is a 35" scale bass.
    String spacing: at nut 2-11/64”, at 24th fret 3-9/16”
    Bridge spacing is 18.3 mm

18. bassthumpa

bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
    **praying**

19. DADDYBASS1

DADDYBASS1

Jun 11, 2006
    PHX
    Pm on it's way.:D

20. Spencer!

Spencer!

Jun 25, 2006
    Seattle
    Owner, Pike Amplification & 3Leaf Audio
    Does the D-tuner on the E string have any room to function?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.