1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Sadowsky Metro MS4

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by thisSNsucks, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    PRICE DROP $1500 Shipped to the Continental US!!!

Hey Guys,

Here's a pretty awesome Sadowsky Metro MS4. I just got this a few days ago, but unfortunately GAS has strucken once again and I also just recieved my Credit Card bill. Not fun, so here it is!

This is actually an early Metro and is listed on the Sadowsky website in the Recently Sold Metro section. Here's a link:

http://sadowsky.com/stock/view/m289.html

Specs are:

#M289
    Style: MS4 / Metro Standard 4-string
    Finish: '59 Burst
    Wood: Swamp Ash
    Fingerboard: Maple
    Pickguard: None
    Hardware: Chrome
    Pickups: Sadowsky Humcancelling J
    Weight: 9 lbs (balances perfectly!)

This bass is pretty much MINT. No dings, no dents, no scratches. Looks like its hardly been played at all.

**The two things I would like to note are***
    1. There is NO VTC, however, you can bypass the preamp by pulling up the bass knob.
    2. I experienced a subtle "pop" through my amp once or twice while playing it. Upon further investigation I determined the prongs on the input jack must be bent a little bit as my cable was able to wiggle around. I took it apart and bent them back in position, seems to be ok now, but I don't know if thats a sign of the input jack needing to be replaced anytime soon.

Other than that this bass is ready to rock. It also comes with the orginal paperwork, tools, Sadowsky polishing cloth, and Sadowsky case.

Price is $1500 shipped to the Continental US via PayPal or Money Order to the Continental US.

Not really looking for trades but you can try me. I like classic looking basses (Fenderesque designs)

PM me with any offers or questions.

Now for some pics:

P1010424.

P1010425.

P1010426.

P1010427.

P1010428.

P1010429.

m289_full.

2. was3funk

was3funk

Jul 3, 2006
    Colorado
    FYI - If you purchased this through Sadowsky they have a 7-day approval policy.

Otherwise, bump for a good-looking Sadowsky.

3. I couldn't help but notice in the tuning keys shot that the people who installed your hardwood floor should have discussed proper wood fitting techniques with Roger Sadowsky before going into business. :scowl:

Other than that, nice looking bass. Sorry you can't keep it. I have an NYC and I love it. Couldn't you sell your car instead? Or maybe a wife? :eek:

4. thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    This one was bought used on the ebay. Thats what happens when you stay up late looking at basses.

Ha good eye, the house is about 80 years old and that section of the floor appears to be an addition put on before we moved in. Just one of the many quirks I live with.

5. thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Forgot to mention that I will also include a fresh set of Sadowsky SS Black Label Strings!

6. Wish I Could Justify Another Sadowsky bump.

7. thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Sadowsky's are like Jell-o. There's always room! lol

All PM's are replied to.

8. Tell it to the judge, buddy. If the guy allegedly buying my Walter Woods coughs up the cash before this sells I might make you an insulting offer and let you buy it back later.

9. CentralCoastBass

CentralCoastBass Guest

Feb 4, 2004
    Pretty darn good price folks.

10. thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Bump!

11. thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004