1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD ***FS Sadowsky Metro MV4***

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by JeffplaysBass, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeffplaysBass

JeffplaysBass Inactive

Jan 22, 2011
    Mass
    For sale I have a Beautiful Sadowsky Metro 4 string.I just recently purchased. I might be overly picky or "stupid" on this but I am not digging the brightness of the Maple fretboard....I paid $1775 even though it was listed as $1750 because I wanted to meet the owner about half way on paypal fees...Most people re-list asking they don't want to make money and just get what they paid....well for me I will list it $75 less than what I paid!!!
    Asking $1700 shipped CONUS!!!...will be hard pressed to find a baby like this for cheaper...:bassist::bassist::bassist:
    Here is the thread that the previous seller had....He is a much better picture taker than me...:bassist:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/sadowsky-metro-mv4-947413/

2. brotherbassj

brotherbassj

Sep 20, 2008
    Virginia
    Jim Dunlop USA, King Kong Cases, Golden Eagle Energy Drink
    Bump for a great honest TB'er and a killer bass I wish I could afford! Someone needs to jump on this!

3. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Just a note. If it has vtc, you can try that along w some nickel strings

4. Tunaman

Tunaman

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    It was a 5er, I'd be doing a local sale :)

5. adam on bass

adam on bass

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: GK, EMG and D'Addario
    Damn I wanted this two weeks ago!!!!! Then I ordered my Coda 5er, oh well...BUMP

6. JeffplaysBass

JeffplaysBass Inactive

Jan 22, 2011
    Mass
    Thanks for the bumps guys!...Pm's answered!...No!!...I will not take less than $1700. I am also debating Bikeplate's suggestion about nickels....this thread might be closed this weekend as I am REALLY thinking about putting nickels....I am 50/50 on this.:confused::confused::confused:

7. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    I would at least Try it live with the band. Other than my Rick, I never got so many compliments on sound as with My Sadowsky.

8. projectapollo

projectapollo Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Tennessee
    I put TI flats on mine and it sounds great. Rethink this ......

9. Fat240

Fat240

Feb 19, 2010
    Lynchburg, VA
    Jeff is great to deal with and this bass is awesome!! Wish I could swing it!!

10. brotherbassj

brotherbassj

Sep 20, 2008
    Virginia
    Jeff, I really believe nickels will make a tonal difference. If you feel crazy try some DR coated strings they add a neat little compression tone you might like. I have used black beauties but here the dragon skins sound good too. My goto nickels are daddarios....45-105

11. soxhats

soxhats

Jan 4, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Bumparoo for a good guy.

12. Sywannab

Sywannab Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Alameda, CA 94501
    It indeed has VTC

13. JeffplaysBass

JeffplaysBass Inactive

Jan 22, 2011
    Mass
    Bass is temporarily on hold (to myself)...while second thoughts are being weighted out...:confused:

14. ric426

ric426 In my defense, I was left unsupervised.

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    +1 on trying nickel strings and experimenting with the VTC.
    Back when I could afford it, I had an RV-4 (still kick myself for selling it) and an MV-4 at the same time and with the same strings I was hard pressed to hear all that much difference in the tone. I usually don't go for maple fingerboards and others may have had different experiences, but if I ever get the chance to buy another Sadowsky I probably wouldn't hesitate to get a maple fingerboard model if it's one I like. They're easy to tame.

15. hyoshim

hyoshim

May 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    That was my old bass. I never thought that it was too bright. The string on that bass (Sadowsky Blue SS) is less than a month old. May be that's why. I always used VTC to mellow out the tone. Sadowsky is very versatile and you can get just about any tone out of the bass.

16. brotherbassj

brotherbassj

Sep 20, 2008
    Virginia
    Jeff.....nickels man....I swear.....stainless doesn't work on everything....mellow...mellow......I have faith! :). Tame that sabre!

17. JeffplaysBass

JeffplaysBass Inactive

Jan 22, 2011
    Mass
    By the private feedback from many and a "VERY" knowledgeable Sadowsky Artist I have decided to hold onto this 8.6lb Metro(which I hear is not common)....Mine for now!!!...Thanks Guys!!! :bassist::bassist::bassist:

18. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.