1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Sadowsky Metro MV5 w/VTC - Lake Placid Blue - EXC+ (Like New) Cond., 9.9/10

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by funkdaddy, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. funkdaddy

funkdaddy

Aug 6, 2001
    Charlotte, NC
    FOR SALE: Sadowsky Metro MV5 with Variable Tone Control (Serial # M1763). Color is Lake Placid Blue. This bass is in EXC+ condition...please see below for more details.

I purchased this bass directly from Sadowsky almost a year-and-a-half ago in April 2007, and I estimate that I've played it no more than 30 to 40 hours (at home only) during that period of time. (I don't gig...I'm just a "living room musician".) The reason my MV5 has seen such little playing time is because I started graduate school within a few months of purchasing the bass, and this has kept me incredibly busy in addition to my full-time job and family responsibilities. I'm simply too busy to play bass on a regular basis. My Sadowsky MV5 sounds fantastic and the construction is as close to flawless as I've ever seen, but I've decided to sell it due to the limited amount of time I have to play bass these days, as well as the fact that I tend to favor my P-Bass since playing a 4-string feels a little more intuitive to me.

As previously stated my MV5 is in EXC+ condition...there are no dings, scratches, blemishes or any other issues at all. If I had to rate the condition of my bass I'd give it a 9.9 out of 10. I won't give it a 10 because it's not a brand new bass, and in my opinion only a brand new bass that's still in the box can be considered "MINT" or a "10". However, my MV5 does look brand new and could easily be sold as such. I've included a couple of pics below...please PM me for additional pics.

Comes with the original Sadowsky semi-hard case plus all of the "goodies" (Sadowsky polish, unused cleaning cloth, allen wrenches). And as a bonus I'm going to throw in a Sadowsky NeoStrap that I purchased at the same time as the bass (this is a $40 value).

Selling for a firm price of $1975 and this includes ground shipping/insurance within the continental US. This is a savings of over $400 for a "like new" MV5 when comparing to a brand new one which sells for a fixed price of $2385. Sorry...not interested in any trades. Serious inquiries only, please. Thanks for your interest!

Attached Files:

2. great deal here. I wish it was another color.

3. KPO2000

KPO2000 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2001
    MA
    Consider a trade towards a NYC 4?

4. That's the identical twin to my MV5... Great deal!

LR

5. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Which pickups are in the bass and what is the weight?

6. funkdaddy

funkdaddy

Aug 6, 2001
    Charlotte, NC
    Pickups are Sadowsky humcanceling which are standard on Metro vintage series basses. Weight is 9.4 lbs.

7. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Cool - thanks.

8. funkdaddy

funkdaddy

Aug 6, 2001
    Charlotte, NC
    I put a new set of strings on the Sadowsky this evening and the bass plays and sounds fantastic. The strings are Ken Smith Taper Core Medium Light Stainless Steel Round Wounds (.044 .063 .080T .102T .125T).

So not only does $1975 get you a "like new" condition Sadowsky MV5 with original case and goodies, a Sadowsky NeoStrap and ground shipping/insurance within the continental U.S. ...you also get fresh strings! :hyper:

I would prefer to receive payment in the form of a money order but will accept PayPal if necessary.

Here are a couple of additional pics of the bass...

Attached Files:

9. XavidmanX

XavidmanX

Jun 29, 2006
    Bakersfield, CA
    If my money comes in any time soon then this baby is mine. Don't anyone hold your breath, though. I've been waiting for this $$ for a looooooong time.

10. simongpaez

simongpaez Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2005
    The Woodlands , Texas
    Would you sell only the strap?

11. lvsjr

lvsjr Guest

Aug 19, 2006
    I'll trade you my new Fender Victor Bailey 5.

12. funkdaddy

funkdaddy

Aug 6, 2001
    Charlotte, NC
    Still available! You get a beautiful like-new Sadowsky Metro MV5 with a fresh set of strings, a Sadowsky NeoStrap, and ground shipping/insurance within the continental US...all for $1975. What a deal!!!

While I don't have any feedback here on TalkBass.com, please note that I have 100% positive feedback on eBay (89 transactions). My eBay ID is "jbkbanks" if you want to look me up. I've sold several bass guitars in the past can can provide references, if requested. Feel free to PM or email me.

13. Langueta

Langueta Guest

Jul 9, 2007
    pm sent

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.