1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Sadowsky Metro RV4 - Sea Foam Green

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by SteveC, Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    VERY regretfully I think I have to let this bass go. This is a great bass. It has a certain indescribable "mojo" about it. Maybe it's the color, I don't know. I set it flat and it sits in every mix I play - church, jazz, rock, whatever.

I'm going to link to the thread where I got it from a few weeks ago for pics. If I get a chance I will try to take some myself. It has a few little marks here and there but it only adds to the mystique of the bass.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=580513&highlight=sexy+sadowsky

It has a Hipshot D-Tuner and VTC. Comes with a hard case. It's strung with DR Nickel strings - Sunbeams I think. Since it's a fairly rare color (only available via NYC order these days I'm told) and it's just a killer bass, I'm going to start at $1,700 shipped.

May also be interested in trading for a MV5 or MS5 with VTC.

2. nick g.

nick g. Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2003
    Chandler, Arizona
    Free bump, sweet bass!

3. funkyfretless

funkyfretless

Jan 15, 2006
    Atlanta, Ga
    i know its a long shot seeing as how you are trying to sell it, but that bass and $3K will get you an all original 1964 fender precision :)

pm me if interested, and if not well a free bump for a cool bass

4. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Having second thoughts...

5. :(

sorry it didnt work for you steve....if i had the cash ill buy her back. Seriously!!..that bass is one of the best sounding bass i have ever heard in any bass.and i really mean that. Its funny but Sometimes when i sell or trade something i forget about it right away. But this bass that steve is selling is very very different and i regret it everyday trading her. What was i thinking:rollno: she must be played to understand what im talking about folks:bassist:

i wish you luck steve!!!:)

p.s. i really dont blame you for having sellers remorse:)

6. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I may close this thread. I could use the money from the sale for some other stuff (mainly debt reduction) but I'm afraid I'd really regret selling this bass. I have a gig tonight so we'll see how I feel later.

7. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Probably a good move. I just traded my MV4 and sent it away only 2 days ago and already feel cold, empty, and hollow:atoz:

8. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Keep it. You found something you really like plus it sounds amazing. Sell your other "borderline" gear. Tough replacing a great playing, sounding instrument

Rob

9. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Don't waffle, Steve. Close the thread. You are not being wasteful or irresponsible by owning a great bass.:) I'm pretty sure your wife knows you are a fine husband and father.;)

10. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I maybe interested in a 5 string Sadowsky. I had a M5-24 but it was a little too modern for me. Maybe a MS5. Must have VTC. That would be the only trade I'd be interested in at this time. Outright sale is $1,700.

11. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    After playing it at rehearsal tonight I am going to keep it. Sorry for all the waffling.

12. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Let the waffling continue. I have an MV5 on the way. I don't think I can afford 2 Sadowsky basses and hard as I try I just can't get by with a 4 string. I need the low B goodness. This is a sweet bass. VTC, D-tuner, DR Hi Beams and of course that cool and rare Sea Foam Green color. Looks great with the Rosewood board.

$1,700. Will ship UPS Ground Insured in Sadowsky Hard case.

13. Steve, none of my business, but FWIW....

I've been there. The fact that you've gone back & forth on this one tells me that you may very well regret letting it go. Special basses - the truly special ones - are very rare. (I've had two "absolute keepers" in my life that I mistakenly sold. I've been lucky to get one back, but now and then I still think about the other one...and it's been more than six years.) At the least, maybe it's worthwhile to see if that MV5 really does it for you before letting this one go?

Good luck with everything.

14. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Not problem. Sometimes I need a reality check. The RV4 is as close to an "absolute keeper" as I've had. I will be sure to play the MV5 before the RV4 ships.

15. johnnydi

johnnydi

Aug 18, 2008
    Victoria, BC
    You know, I really want this bass but I know what it is to own a keeper. I've been wanting this bass for a while now but I just can't pry it out of your hands.
    I would feel guilty owning this bass now after reading all that.

Now I'm gonna have Roger make me one. Its the only solution. :rollno:

Thanks a lot.:spit:

And please find a way to keep that bass. And don't ever tease me like that again.:crying::bawl::crying::bawl:

16. tell me about it.....I use to own this bass and everytime i see steve's avatar it reminds me how i truly miss this bass.This bass is very Special. Someone who gets this is going to be very very Happy!!! I do agree with vroomvroom to get a feel for both of them before letting one go...who knows the MV5 may be the one or vice versa. You got alot of TB'ers that want you to be happy. And we are very confident you will make the best decision. Wish i can get her back!!!! i need to get a second job:scowl:

Good Luck on the sale Steve!!!:)

17. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Thanks guys. If I get someone who wants the RV4, the final sale/shipping will have to wait until I can play both to be sure the MV5 "does it" for me. I know I'm the waffle king, but that's the way it is.

If you are interested in the RV4, don't let all this stop you from contacting me.

18. You should definitely play the two basses back-to-back. I can tell you from experience they are very different animals. I bought an RV4 this spring and really like it. Flats and rounds all sound great, slap sounds good, the whole bit. I dropped in to Sadowsky World Headquarters last week and played every bass in the showroom. I did not get along with the ash-bodied basses at all...way too mid-scooped for my taste. After getting used to the alder/morado sound, you might feel the same.

19. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Very wise and sage advice from a very smart man;).

Nothing worse than getting stuck on the merry-go-round of basses.

20. Proof positive, yet again, that you can always count on good advice from cats named Jerry.

:ninja: :rolleyes: :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.