1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: Sadowsky NYC and CB fretless *EUROPE*

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by michele, Jul 26, 2007.

1. michele

michele

Apr 2, 2004
    Italy
    Guys,
    this hurts me a lot but some circumstances are forcing me to sell two real gems.
    Sorry, but I'm offering these basses for sale only in Europe. Price are in Euro currency.
    Let me preface that I’m the original owner of both basses and they've been babied to the point that you can swear they are brand new. Not a single scratch or dent ... nothing! Both basses are strung with Thomastik Jazz Flats. NO TRADES, THANKS. Buyer choose and pays for his preferred shipping.

Sadowsky NYC 4 strings bought at Roger’s shop October 2003. Ash body and madegascar rosewood fingerboard. Nice quilted maple top, caramel burst. Sadowsky humcancelling J pickups. No VTC.
    I’ll part from this baby for Eur 2500.

Sadowsky3962.

CB 32” scale 4 string fretless. Body construction: mahogany body, bloodwood top, walnut back. Maple/wenge neck, lined ebony fingerboard. Nordstrand NJSE pickups. Passive electronics. This baby is a bomb. Here’s my review:

http://www.talkbass.com/reviews/showproduct.php/product/918/cat/13

I’ll let it go for Eur 1800 SOLD
    d-060422-ff1.

d-060422-ba3.

d-060422-ba2.

2. NickyBass

NickyBass Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    PM sent. I'd like to be first in line for the CB if you decide to ship to the U.S.

Good luck with the sale. That is an amazing looking bass.

3. michele

michele

Apr 2, 2004
    Italy
    PM replied, Nicky.

4. RADUB1

RADUB1

May 11, 2006
    Grand Rapids, MI
    PM Sent on the Sadowsky

5. michele

michele

Apr 2, 2004
    Italy
    Replied. ;)

6. michele

michele

Apr 2, 2004
    Italy
    The CB is on hold.

I must clear that I'm open to international shipping if the buyer is ready to pay the shipping cost (that's not cheap).

7. michele

michele

Apr 2, 2004
    Italy
    Payment pending for the CB: the bloodwood baby is coming back to the States!

Sadowsky still available: a couple of bites but nothing more ...

8. michele

michele

Apr 2, 2004
    Italy
    CB is SOLD to NickyBass!
    I have a feeling that this bass will be loved, appreciated and well played by Nicky: it's not an easy parting :crying: but this make me feel less pain.

Sadowsky still available. It's a nice piece ....

9. EduardoK

EduardoK

Jun 28, 2004
    NickyBass has just got himself a beautiful bass... Congrats !!!
    Please share your comments upon receiving it.
    :crying: :crying: :crying:

10. michele

michele

Apr 2, 2004
    Italy
    Eddy, don't cry ... you have a very cool 6 strings CB!!! :bassist:

Sadowsky still available. You won't believe how clean this bass is!!!

11. NickyBass

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    WOW!! The CB bass came---from Italy to NJ in 4 days!!! It is SMOKING hot. I can't believe that I've lived for so long without this bass. I will post more info after I've played it for a bit, but I'm loving it.

Also, to anyone who is thinking about the Sadowsky---Michele is great to work with. He went above and beyond to make this deal happen.

M-Thanks for everything. This bass will be loved for a long time. I hope that makes it easier to let it go.

12. EduardoK

EduardoK

Jun 28, 2004
    Some place deep inside I was hoping maybe NickyBass would not like the CB too much so I might buy this one from him. :D
    Enjoy your CB bass Nicky !!!

13. michele

michele

Apr 2, 2004
    Italy
    Nicky, I'm glad you like the bass. I have no doubt it'll be loved & well played! Did you like the packagin'? I'm waiting to hear your impression about the bass!
    Eddy, thanks for your kindly words. It wasn't easy to let this baby go. :crying:
    Go on Nicky, play the hell out of it!!!! :bassist:

14. NickyBass

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    The packaging Phweeeewwww. I'm still sweating from unpacking it. Ha. It was done up very well. Especially since it was making a far trip.

I am very impressed with this bass....the construction is just amazing. Me and my wife were looking at the neck joint of a long time, trying to figure out how someone can do that with their hands. I've always been amazed at the attention to detail on some of the boutique builders...but this one...man, this one is the coolest.

The tone is equally as impressive. It can go from a whisper to a roar with the slightest variation in plucking hand technique. I love the fact that it is passive. It just works for this bass.

The scale length also adds to the charactor. It has a nice low end to it, but doesn't lack in the mids or highs.

I'm still learning about it's nuances, so I can't give a full review yet--but, I am loving the bass.

15. EduardoK

EduardoK

Jun 28, 2004
    :p :p :p