FS - Sadowsky NYC, Fender MM w/Sad PUPS/Pre, Lakland DJ 4...

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by tommixx, Sep 26, 2005.

1. I recently went through a fire and lost most of my gear including several vintage instruments. They say that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger and I agree. As a result, I have decided to keep 1 4 string (a Sadowsky UV70) and go with a couple of other 5 strings for now, most likely another Sadowsky Metro or NYC and a Lakland DJ 5 that I have on order. Here they are:

1. S O L D !!! Thanks to RunngDog!! Sadowsky NYC Vintage 4 - This bass is approximately 18 months old and I am the original owner. This is the bass seen in my avatar and I never thought I would sell it but in light of recent events I am doing a LOT of things I never thought I would do!! She is in Very Good shape with normal body wear for an 18 month old player. Neck and frets are perfect with no nicks or dings at all. This is the last time it will be offered at this price before she goes off to Sadowsky to have them consign it for me. The bass will probably sell through the shop for about $2500.00 or so. This bass will ship in the Original Modern Case (I have been using an Incase since the bass was new and more recently the newer Sadowsky Slim case so this case is more or less just like brand new with no wear at all) insured to the lower 48 for $2150.00. Here are some specs from the Sadowsky site:

Style: Vintage 4-string
    Finish: Champagne Gold Metallic
    Wood: Alder
    Fingerboard: Morado
    Pickguard: Parchment 3-ply
    Hardware: Chrome
    Pickups: Sadowsky Humcancelling J
    Weight: 8.4 lbs.

Vintage Tone Control, Stacked Preamp

pics here:

S O L D !!! Thanks to SeaKamp 2. Beautiful BRAND NEW Natural Fender Marcus Miller 4 with Factory installed (by the Sadowsky shop) Sadowsky onboard Preamp and Sadowsky Humcancelling Pickups. They even left the bypass switch active so that it functions the same as the stock pre on/off switch....This bass still has the PUP cover installed and I actually found that I preferred it on this one. This instrument is the result of an exhaustive search that has taken me more than a year to find the right bass with all the pieces to make the mods I have. This bass is FLAWLESS, not a scratch anywhere!! The weight is 8lbs 15 oz (VERY light for a Marcus) which is one of the lightest that I found. Bass sounds great and I actually prefer the feel of the neck over my NYC Sadowsky!! (7.25" radius is a BEAUTIFUL thing to me!!) This bass sounds as it should from that tight 70's funk, to a really sweet mellow tone thanks to the onboard Sadowsky Vintage Tone Control. It has a brand new set of Sadowsky Nickels on it right now. I have almost $1400.00 invested in this bass including the same case that now ships with all Sadowskys!! The case is included along with Sadowsky Straplocks (Jim Dunlops) and I will ship and insure this bass to the lower 48 for $1150.00!!!! you will NEVER find a better Marcus, I know I looked and this is the one I bought.

S O L D !!! - THANKS DAVID MEISSNER - 3. White Lakland Skyline Darryl Jones DJ 4 - I JUST got this bass last week and I am VERY impressed!! I added a Beautiful Tortise Pickguard ($58.00) that I got from Jeannie's (GREAT products and service) and put on a BRAND NEW set of Sadowsky Nickels. Bass weighs about 8.5 lbs and is perfect in like new condition with absolutely no issues anywhere at all!! I gave it a very thorough inspection and new setup when I got it. Sound is beautiful with the Aero's!! Talk about PASSIVE PARADISE!!! I am keeping the DJ 5 I have coming for sure!! I played this bass on a gig through my new T-Funk/Accugroove Tri 210 rig and it was awesome! I played this one all night and left the MM and the Saddy on the stand!! The drummer said he loved the tone. This bass will ship in the Lakland Gig Bag that came with it. I paid $850 with the shipping and have spent another $58.00 on the pickguard but I will include BOTH pickguards for $850 SHIPPED to the lower 48!!

EDIT - I have already had a couple people ask why these are for sale so here we go. The MM is redundant to a Sadowsky Ultra Vintage 4 that I have coming. The Lakland is redundant to a DJ 5 that is on order and the Sadowsky NYC is redundant to another Vintage 5 I have coming Thursday :hyper: . - EDIT

EDIT - Payments should be made with US Postal Money Order or major bank Cashier Check - EDIT

I am not looking for any trades as I am just trying to eliminate some redundancy and recoup some funds that I will need for other gear. Thank you for taking the time to look and if you have any questions post away!! God Bless.

2. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY

Good luck with the sale T. I've played the NYC and it smokes

3. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

i'm very interested in the DJ4 ...
    PM sent .
  4. seaKamp

Jun 30, 2005
    Heres a lil bump for ya T.

If I wasn't so infatuated with Nino's basses I'd be picking up that MM you described to me. Good luck and I hope you get through all of this with as few bumps as possible, seems like you are taking it all in stride.
  5. Lakland is on hold pending payment! Thanks David!!

6. Thanks BP!! If the ones that are coming turn out to be half as good I will be VERY happy!!

Thanks alot seaKamp, I am glad you foound the answer you were looking for!!

The Marcus and the Sadowsky are still up for grabs as of right now as PM's have been answered, waiting on several replies but so far nothing solid!

7. Wow Tom! This one may set a record for being shipped 3 times in less than 10 days - AND it's a great bass! :confused: :eek: :smug:
  8. jazz5757...I know!! I've got another Sadowsky (or 2?) in the works! LOL! Thanks for the bump!

9. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
  10. JOEY, you old dog you!! PMs replied...

11. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
  12. Marcus is on hold.....

PM me reasonable offers on the Sadowsky, who knows I may bite!!

13. PM's replied...Thanks!

14. B U M P ! ! !.......

15. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

just received my Lakland DJ4 a few minutes ago .
    { it was delivered here at work }

" beautiful " was the word that first came into my mind ,
    then i thought about it for a few seconds , and just said " awesome !" ...:cool:

thank you so much for the bass Tom ...
    i'll try to post pictures this weekend for sure !!

16. Thanks David, I'm glad you like it....I miss it already!!

17. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    why is that sadowsky NYC STILL FOR SALE?!?!?!

good lord people... :rollno:
  18. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    I want it I just wouldn't be able to get used to that color :crying:
  19. bassbloke

Feb 26, 2002
    Have to say, ditto, I'd have been straight on this if it had been a colour I liked better.
  20. The color wasn't my first choice at the time.....in fact, initially, I considered sending it to Pat Wilkins to respray it but she has grown on me. The only other one that I know of in this color is owned by Duncan Coutts of Our Lady Peace so I feel like I am in pretty good company!! Once you play it you forget the color anyway.....