1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: Sadowsky on-board preamp with VTC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by mikecd1, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikecd1

mikecd1 Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2009
    CT, New England
    Up for sale is my Sadowsky onboard preamp with vintage tone control and active / passive push pull. It could be installed on a standard jazz bass jack plate if you remove the VTC and rewire the preamp with the stacked bass and treble. I've done it before, but you lose the VTC and active/passive function. It has the four controls volume, blend, vtc with push pull active / passive and stacked bass and treble. Preamp is wired with a 250k CTS volume control and I'm including a Sadowsky 500k audio taper in case the buyer wants that. Sadowsky likes the 500k with the hum-cancelling pickups and I used the 250k which worked very well with my single coils. Wiring diagrams on Sadowsky site. Battery clip is wired so just connect pickups and ground and bridge connections although professional installation is always recommended. Includes Sadowsky knobs
    [DEL]$220[/DEL] $195 includes prompt priority mail shipping to conus only. All others email for shipping.
    sadowsky_zps9251fb6d.
    31787455-aa05-439e-aeaf-edc4b05bbb5e_zps63bbaa89.

2. fruitlabor

fruitlabor Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Pm'd

3. mikecd1

Mar 3, 2009
    CT, New England
    PM's replied - still available

4. mikecd1

Mar 3, 2009
    CT, New England
    This doesn't work with EMG pickups as far as I know and there have been questions about that... price has been reduced btw.

5. mikecd1

Mar 3, 2009
    CT, New England
    on hold pending payment

6. mikecd1

Mar 3, 2009
    CT, New England
    And sold!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.