Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: Sadowsky Tokyo Model RJ5

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by tightbidness, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Finish: Black
    Wood: Ash
    Fingerboard: Maple with white binding and block inlays
    Pickguard: BWB
    Hardware: Chrome, BADASS V BASS bridge
    Pickups: Sadowsky Tokyo single coil
    Electronics: Sadowsky Tokyo Preamp (treble cut/boost, bass boost)
    Weight: ~10 lbs.

I bought this bass brand new in October 2003 from Basses Loaded of Northfield, IL. It is in excellent condition. There is a ~1/2" ding in the finish by the input jack and playing wear on the pickguard.

The case is original. It's missing one plastic "foot," and there's some wear on the black exterior fabric and piping.

I get comments on how great this bass sounds at almost every gig. No exaggeration. (I try to explain that tone primarily comes from a player's hands, of course.) I currently have the bass strung with Sadowsky Standard Nickel strings. The action is fantastic and the B-string is tight and sounds great.

$1600 + shipping

I'm not interested in trades. This sale will help fund a new 4-string Sadowsky Metro. Please email sdeysher AT yahoo.com or PM me with questions, offers, etc.

Thanks,
    Seth

[​IMG]

2. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    pm sent. disregard the pup and pre question. I see now its in your post.

3. Back atcha, Alan.

4. Charr

Charr

May 14, 2004
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    aw man - if you could just have waited a month or two, i would have bought this bass on the spot :hyper:

oh well - it'll make someone really happy :)

5. on hold