1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: Samick AB2 ABG w/ Hardshell Case

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by maxvalentino, Nov 2, 2006.

1. maxvalentino

maxvalentino Endorsing Artist Godin Guitars/ Thomastik-Infeld

I picked this up just a few weeks ago because I wanted a decent ABG without a huge body and a cutaway. I was hestitant, but was knocked out by the build quality. Solid spruce top and rosewood back and sides (this is a presentiation model with nicely figured rosewood on the back and sides). Martin style bracing (very cleanly done..no glue smears), rosewood fingerboard on a mahogany neck with 20 frets all perfectly seated and crowned.

I was impressed...and it plays like a dream. I considered replacing the pickup and preamp and the bridge saddle with either DTAR or Fishman units. I even got out the Dremel and started to work on a custom bone saddle.

Then I pulled the trigger on a new Martin. So this one is simply not needed.

This is a very nice bass with wonderful tone and balance. If you want to get a decent ABG for "unplugging" or just for personal practice at home (and the sound of this is very inspiring for practice!), but just don't want to pony up $...I am offering this one pretty cheap.

List new (and this only has a few weeks of playing at home on it) is $387. Retail new is $299.....
    ...but I will include a very nice hardshell case with it (a very nice case worth around $150 itself!)
    ...and I will throw in the bone saddle I carved for it should you want to replace the PU and preamp (which would be VERY easy to do...and be a very minimal cost, and would make this a wonderful, in fact extraordinary, acoustic bass.)

$275 with case shipped to the lower 48.

PM me here at TB.

Thanks,
    Max

(sorry the pic is a "catalog pic" I don't have my camera right now....looks exactly the same, tho!)

Attached Files:

2. maxvalentino

maxvalentino Endorsing Artist Godin Guitars/ Thomastik-Infeld

Still here....I will make it $250 shipped (with the hard case and bone saddle....)

Max

3. mackzie dimler

mackzie dimler

Dec 13, 2008
    Samick ab2 and case still for sale?

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 23, 2021