1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Schecter 004 Black (Re-post. Photos added)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jazzyitalian, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jazzyitalian

jazzyitalian Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    Lawyer and Hobbist Bass Maker
    Okay...So I finally was able to take and load photos.
    I decided to close my previous for sale ad and repost it again because I could no longer edit the ad when I lowered the price and such. So here we go again....

P1000586.
    P1000587.
    P1000589.
    P1000553.
    P1000549.

I have more pictures on photobucket.

I bought this Schecter 004 bass new in 2008 as a temporary back up, until I was able to get around to building my own bass. Yes that's right...I build basses with my brother. Il Buscanti.

I am mixed on this one. Because the damn thing plays real good.

The Schecter is a pristine 2nd. It had a small area the size of a dime on the back of the top horn that was missing some gloss. So I bought the bass at a discount, and made the cosmetic repair myself. (Chip is gone for good.) These are no longer made by Schecter. I guarantee, this one is minty.

This is an ash body, 2-band active EQ that can be switched to passive mode. Knobs are for master volume pull/push passive/active, pickup blend control, treble, and bass tones. The custom bridge accommodates either string-through-body or top loading. Other special features include jumbo frets, block inlays, neck binding, brass nut, and a 5-bolt neck attachment.

I also bought a brand new Gator Hardshell Tolex case for it. The schecter cases are actually made for a different model. But the gators are a perfect fit.

My price is now LOWERED to $539 shipped to anywhere CONUS. That included the case which is also in great condition. If you live outside the US, I'll give you a $30 shipping credit. Pay Pal preferred.

I also just restrung it with a brand new set of Eden Lights which in my estimation are one of the best bass strings on the market. Those sell for $30 a set. That'll be a free add on as well.

Please feel free to write me with any questions you might have.

Thanks,

Jazz

2. Noonan768

Noonan768

Jul 6, 2009
    St Johns, FL
    Bump for a Schecter..

3. Rocinante_x1

Rocinante_x1 Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2004
    Washington State
    Sexy.

4. What kind of necks do these basses have? More like a jazz or a P bass?

5. jazzyitalian

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    More like Jazz without question.

6. CharlieC

CharlieC Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2010
    New York, NY
    That's an absolutely gorgeous bass!

I wish they made that model left-handed for me... the closest I own is a lefty Stargazer 4, that I wish had two humbucking pickups + a maple neck

7. Joshcop

Joshcop Banned

Jul 1, 2010
    MidSouth U.S.
    General info, mostly for CharlieC-- Schecter *did* make these in lefty versions. Use a national Craigslist search or standard Google search every couple of weeks or so and you can find them (used) in light natural or black.

After searching online for over a month and considering about a dozen (used, of course) that were on the market in black or light natural finshes, I just bought the only dark mahogany 004 ever made (as a prototype, according to Schecter), a right-hand version from 2006 never sold to the retail public. It should be arriving next week... in the meantime, I probably won't sleep. It's *GORGEOUS*.......

tried to attach pic......... ????????
    (why can't I simply "attach image" or "attach file" on this website?)

8. jazzyitalian

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    Okay...Now that Josh managed to get the singly made mahogany prototype known only to Schecter, that leaves this jet black one left. It's not a prototype. But it's in NEW condition, $150 less than what they sell for on eBay, and it's still pretty.

9. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    Bump for a nice bass.

10. Un-asked-for endorsement bump; I own one of these and he's right...these play like a dream!

11. jazzyitalian

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    Thanks again guys....I really hope the next owner of this bass appreciates it as much as you appreciate the company.

I've heard that the Schecter people are classy, hard working folks that take pride in all they design and build.

12. Is that by chance this one?

13. Obese Chess

Obese Chess I'm Your New Dad Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2005
    Portland, OR
    any trades? I do love these things.

14. jazzyitalian

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    Sorry man. Not in the market for trades. I need to lighten the load...

15. Wallyworld

Wallyworld

Jul 19, 2010
    I'm not looking for a trade; I'm looking for a straight 'buy.' I've had many G&Ls, Fender Jazz, Carvins, etc, so I'm new to the land of Schecter. It looks beautiful, but tell me (as a 40+ year novice) what YOU like about this bass. Looks beautiful, but I'm looking for "The One" that'll finish my career with me! Thanks!!

16. jazzyitalian

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    I liked it because it was well rounded, easy to play and surprisingly well made. It's light, fast, and had some nice electronics. The bass isn't a full out open modern piece. The neck is similar but not exactly a Rick. It really sounds like a fender jazz bass. That's what I liked about it.

17. jazzyitalian

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    bump...

18. odie

odie Supporting Member

Could you string it and adjust the nut and setup for the low bead strings of a light set 5 string. I need a bass for alternative tunings.

19. jazzyitalian

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    Yeah, I guess so. It's brass nut so the string will never crack it. But if you want a perfect fit, you may have to get a tech to widen the slot with a file. Brass can handle anyone widening it.

20. cadency

cadency

Mar 14, 2011
    Tennessee
    about to post my diamond series elite 004... black cherry finish. not the same resale as a fender, for sure. :( Pretty bass!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.