1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: Schecter Diamond Studio 5 with Nordy pups/pre

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Suho, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Suho

Suho Bass Guardian

Aug 23, 2008
    Albany, NY
    I am majorly liquidating pretty much all my guitars and basses to buy one really expensive guitar. I haven't had this bass too long, having purchased it from a forum member a few months ago, but I will say I love it and that is no lie. Here is the link I bought it from: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/fs-schecter-diamond-studio-5-nordy-pups-pre-960629/

Here is the quote from that ad, which pretty much sums up the bass:
    "Up for grabs is a very nice Schecter Diamond series studio 5. I have gone through this bass and after a full fret dressing, I re-assembled it using custom built Nordstrand Big Singles and Nordy 3 band EQ with push/pull (active/passive) control. (upgrade worth $425 alone)

She is now ready for a new home. You will not be disappointed.

Structurally a 10, but this isn't a studio princess. She has some bumps and bruises, but nothing bad. Just a few dings and scratches. Cosmetically I'd put it at a solid 8.

The neck is fantastic and the frets have a lot of life. The Nordy Big Singles really bark and growl.

Here is a link to ZZounds website for reference, reviews and specs.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--SCESTS5"

I only played it at home a little bit, and frankly I didn't notice much in the way of bumps and bruises, but better to be safe with that description than sorry.

I am kind of a low post-er here, but I have maybe 13-14 years of feedback on Ebay under Suho99, and have a bunch of deals on Sevenstring.org as Suho. I am looking for $525 shipped in the continental US. Pics are also from prior owner.

Attached Files:

2. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I bet that's sweet; what's she weigh? come with a case?
    glwts!

3. Suho

Suho Bass Guardian

Aug 23, 2008
    Albany, NY
    Not sure about the weight. I will try the "bathroom scale" method at home tonight, although my thought is "not too heavy, not too light." It comes with an inexpensive Fender bag that provides a little extra protection for shipping. Now that I think about it, I may have an extra case that fits it, I'll have to check. If it does, I would ask an extra $40, a good chunk of which will go to extra shipping costs.

Thanks.

4. IntrepidCellist

IntrepidCellist

Sep 10, 2009
    Manhattan
    Great basses, and this is a great price for a killer upgrade package. GLWTS.

5. Suho

Suho Bass Guardian

Aug 23, 2008
    Albany, NY
    Bump. Still here. The case I have fits this bass pretty well, so that can be included for $40 extra.

6. Suho

Suho Bass Guardian

Aug 23, 2008
    Albany, NY
    Bump.

7. carlitoswhey

carlitoswhey

Apr 3, 2009
    Phoenix
    If this was a six I would snag this baby up in a second

8. Suho

Suho Bass Guardian

Aug 23, 2008
    Albany, NY
    Bump. Last chance to get it before Christmas!

9. Suho

Suho Bass Guardian

Aug 23, 2008
    Albany, NY
    Sold!