1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: SD Basslines SMB-5a (Alnico Musicman 5-string style)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by ubnomnar, Jan 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ubnomnar

ubnomnar Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    So Cal
    SOLD

$50 PayPal shipped ConUSA lower 48.

Seymour Duncan SMB-5a pickup in good shape.

Here's the official details: 4/5 string for Music Man® (alnico) SMB-4a & -5a - Seymour Duncan 4-String

Description
    The Alnico magnets, together with unique coil windings, have the effect of extending both ends of the frequency spectrum beyond that of the ceramic magnet version. In other words, the Alnico version is both warmer on the bottom and more detailed on top. Comes with four-conductor hookup cable and logo cover.

2. Means2nEnd

Means2nEnd Supporting Member

Bump

and a question. I have been wanting to replace a stock MM pickup in my 5 string in that exact shape (no little bumps) and they say newer MM need a 3 coil version. Whick one in their line up is the 3 coild version? I want to use it with my stock preamp.

3. gabeiraz

gabeiraz

Jan 29, 2007
    PM sent

4. Dmac

Dmac Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2007
    Endorsing Artist: Epifani,MTD Basses,Monster Cables, Xotic Effects
    PM SENT

5. bassman28

bassman28 Supporting Member

Dec 31, 2010
    North Carolina
    Bump for a great sounding pickup.I just don't know why they never built them with the ears like the 4 sting PUs or this would be in my posession.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.