1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: Seymour Duncan Antiquity II Jazz Bass Pickup Set

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Ryan Mohr, Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan Mohr

Ryan Mohr

Oct 23, 2007
    I had these installed briefly in my SX, but I have since bought a new bass so I no longer need these.

These are great pickups for a late '60s or '70s Fender Jazz Bass as they nail that tone IMO. I was looking for the pre-CBS tone, and while these pickups can do that, it is not they're strength. BassPlayer awarded them their Top Tone and Recording awards in the famous shootout. Here's the specific description for those who are interested: http://www.aeroinstrument.com/bp_jb4_shootout_p_3.html

These go for $180 new, so I am asking $140. The pickups are only a month or so old, and have no cosmetic damage aside from the factory relic'ed look. SOLD

Thanks!

2. Ryan Mohr

Ryan Mohr

Oct 23, 2007
    bump

3. mrkreuzschlitz

mrkreuzschlitz

Jun 30, 2008
    Dacula, GA
    Trades?

4. Ryan Mohr

Ryan Mohr

Oct 23, 2007
    What are you offering? Send me a PM.

5. rexnarticus

rexnarticus

Feb 20, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Can you post a photo showing their current condition?

6. Ryan Mohr

Ryan Mohr

Oct 23, 2007
    Sorry I can't upload pictures. As I said, the pickups are fairly new, so it would be impossible to tell any scratches from the factory "relic'ed" look. The pickup covers come scratched and worn, and the screws come rusted. It's part of the appeal of the Antiquity series.

[​IMG]

7. Ryan Mohr

Ryan Mohr

Oct 23, 2007
    Sunday morning bump. Price drop to $140.

8. Ryan Mohr

Ryan Mohr

Oct 23, 2007
    bump

9. Ryan Mohr

Ryan Mohr

Oct 23, 2007
    The pickups are on hold for now.

10. Ryan Mohr

Ryan Mohr

Oct 23, 2007
    Sold to pickles