1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: Shoreline gold nitro finish 4string J-Bass.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Mr.Bassie720, Jul 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Bassie720

Mr.Bassie720 Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Washington DC,Silver Spring,MD
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    Hi folks. For sale only. Sorry for the long post, but I want to make sure that a few things are clear.

There are many excellent high-end jazz basses out there. Sadowsky, Valenti, Lakland, Kallas, Suhr, Lowend, Modulus, even Fender makes boutique versions and the list goes on and on. They are all fantantic and unique, even when they recreate a classic design like the Jazz bass. What they, and this bass, have in common is: quality parts, excellent woods and electronics, and attention to detail in the building process, the last factor being critical. On to the facts.

*Excellent condition. All systems work flawlesly. Cosmetic 9 out of 10.

*Dinky J Swamp Ash Body by Warmoth. 4.2 lbs! Extra deep tummy contour. Warmoth tort pickguard.

*Shoreline gold Nitro paint by Chris Bavaria (17 years at PRS. The man is a genius)

*USACG 60s profile quarter sawn maple neck, beautiful rosewood fretboard. Fender headstock profile. 70s style Fender jazz bass logo. Satin conversion varnish finish, light vintage tint. Smooth and fast. Gotoh Res o Lites non reverse vintage style tuners. Bone nut. I purchased the neck, naked, from John Kallas. Chris Bavaria did the finish on it. Frets leveled, dressed and polished. PLEK setup by Phil Jacoby of Philtone guitars.

*Joe Barden Jazz bass pickups. Ultra quiet, high output. Amazing tone! More about them here. http://www.joebarden.com/main.php?section=Products&pageID=JBass

*Audere JZ3 preamp. Volume, stacked balance/midrange, stacked bass/treble , mode switch and battery indicator light. I'm sure most of you are familiar with the Audere system. Simply one of the best preamps in the bass world. You can learn more about them here http://www.audereaudio.com/JZ3D.htm

*Hipshot Type A bridge. String trough the body with Hipshot ferrules.

*Schaller strap buttons.

photo-100.

photo-101.

photo-99.

photo-98.

photo-103.

photo-104.

photo-105.

photo-102.

Finished weight is 8.4 lbs. This bass lives up to the golden rule of sounding good unplugged. Balance is perfect. Playability outstanding. Currently setup at medium action. Very even tonality in the high and low registers. Neck pocket is tight and right. Truss rod access route. Simply remove the pickguard for truss rod adjustment. The Barden/Audere electronics are truly versatile. Motown thump, Jaco burp, modern growl. Smooth jazz, heavy dub, metal, punk, country, roots....you get the idea. A vast arsenal of tones available for your musical needs. Assembly including PLEK setup was done by Phil Jacoby of Philtone guitars. Phil is one of the best luthiers on the east coast. I am selling this because I recently got an endorsement with Spector basses. I want to do right by them and play their basses exclusively. I use Fedex ground for shipping. Bass will be shipped securely. A generic gigbag will be included.
    $975.00 shipped in the USA
    Paypal prefered.
    Any bass I sell or trade comes with a seven day trial. If you dont like it for any reason. Send it back for a full refund, minus the cost of shipping. Just like the big boys:)

2. bluesbasshound

bluesbasshound

Jan 31, 2006
    Florida
    PM sent

3. Mr.Bassie720

Feb 5, 2005
    On hold!

4. Mr.Bassie720

Feb 5, 2005
    Sold! I am very excited to know that this bass is going to a player that is playing 6 days a week! Awesome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.