Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: SKB 4 space

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by iplaybass, May 7, 2003.

1. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    I actually put this up hoping to trade it for a rack bag, but after some deliberation I've just decided to go rackless for a while. Just not enough incentive to have one. Anywhoo, this is an SKB 4 space (advertised as a 4 space, looks bigger to me, I don't know how to tell) rack, it is in excellent condition, and I'm asking $70 plus shipping. I live next-door to the FedEx hub, so shipping shouldn't be too much. PM me your email if you'd like pics; I have them but they are too large to post. Thanks guys! :)

2. Blueszilla

Blueszilla Bassist ordinaire

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    Sorry that you are not interested in the bag anymore. I've been so busy I haven't been able to send you any pictures. Oh well...:(

Anyway, how deep is the rack?

3. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    Hey Blues, sorry about that. I hadn't heard from you for a while and I was getting kind of antsy to get rid of it, I could really use the cash. Anyways, its about 16" from rack hardware to rack hardware, and 20" from the actual back of the case to the actual front inside. Plenty of room for whatever ya got. Also, top to bottom its 10.5"... anybody know for sure how many spaces that makes this?

4. Blueszilla

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    Hey, no problem, you are free to change your mind at any time, this is America after all.:D

Does the rack have a model number? I wanted to check specs from SKB's site to make sure this will work for me. I have an SWR 750x I want to rack and it's 3 spaces. I want to also install a Korg tuner and I think that's one space.

5. Blueszilla

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
  6. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    Sorry, for the life of me I can't find the model number on this thing. To give you some idea of the size, it looks like I could fit 3 of my SWR-SM400S's in it with a bit of room to spare(maybe enough for a tuner).

7. Blueszilla

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    I couldn't find the SM400S on the SWR site to view it's dimensions, but if they are similar to the 500s then I should have no problem. My amp is 5.38" tall, while the 500 is 3 and some. So I suppose I would have plenty of room.

I will PM the details...

and thanks!!:D

8. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    Yes, the SM-500 is the SM-400S's renamed form, basicly the same amp.

9. well 10.5 would be 6 spaces...(1.75*6)And That's an awesome deal...

10. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    Awesome deal that's now gone. 6 spaces? Wow, I guess I (and the guy I bought it from) is an idiot.