1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: Skyline Bob Glaub w/OHSC, $800 shipped

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ric426, Feb 18, 2008.

1. ric426

ric426 In my defense, I was left unsupervised. Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    Price drop to $775 for TBers
    Got this a little while ago in a trade and really like it, but I've been lusting after a Sadowsky HPJ since they were first announced. It's time to make my move.
    It has a Fralin pickup with that classic P Bass sound and is in great shape, with just the slightest wear on the top edge of the fingerboard and front edge of the peghead end and some string marks on the frets. There are the typical surface swirls that come with use, but no nicks, scratches or gouges that I can find. It's comfortably light weight at 8 lbs. 8 oz. The fingerboard is a nice dark Rosewood that has been freshly oiled and the control pots have been cleaned. Comes with the original Lakland HSC also in great shape.

The only trade I'd be interested in would be towards a Sadowsky Metro RV4-HPJ (Obviously I'd be adding a bunch of cash) .

Payment by USPS Money Order or Paypal. Free shipping to lower 48 states, US shipping only.

Attached Files:

2. ric426

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
  3. jondiener

jondiener In the corner, staring at phone during break. Gold Supporting Member

Bump for a great TBer and the bass that used to be mine. I did a partial trade with Ric recently which involved this beautiful bass. BTW, the CAR finish is not available any more, so snap this baby up and give her a good home!

4. ric426

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    Yeah, it's Jon's fault that I want a Metro HPJ now. He just *had* to bring his when he came by my house. Then again, I did ask him to, so I guess it's not all his fault. But he coulda said no... :rollno:
    :D

5. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    BUMP for a GREAT sounding bass!!!!

Doug

6. ric426

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    I was surprised when I tried a Nordstrand NP4 with this bass. I've preferred Nordstrand pickups over most any others, but this bass is punchier and more lively with the Fralin pickup. With it sounding so good, if this bass had a neck like my Metro RV4 I'd probably be keeping it. This one is certainly nice, but the Metro necks are just right for me.

7. ric426

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    Bump for price drop

8. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    why is this still here?????

I am playing mine in Church tomorow and am excited to be playing such a quality bass!!!!

PS - mine looks identical - except for the J pick up I added.....trust me, the CAR is to die for! one of the best CARs I have EVER seen!

9. jondiener

jondiener In the corner, staring at phone during break. Gold Supporting Member

No joke, folks! This is the best P bass sound you'll ever get for $800!! Or maybe more!

Spend that tax refund!

10. ric426

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    Even less now. Anybody know if there's a way to change the thread title to reflect the change?

11. ctxbass

ctxbass Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Central Texas
    PM sent.

12. ric426

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    Sold and headin' for Texas!