1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: Spector Coda 5 Metallic Blue (#6)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by echoSE7EN, Aug 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echoSE7EN

echoSE7EN

Jul 1, 2010
    Balto., MD
    SOLD

For your consideration is a super clean Spector Coda 5 (#6) crafted in 2010 in the NY shop. Metallic Blue finish, tort guard, Aggie pups and OBP-2 pre. Specs follow:

Body: Alder
    Neck: 1-piece Rock Maple
    Fingerboard: Pau Ferro
    # of frets: 20
    Scale length: 34"
    Width at nut: 1.81"
    Width at 12th: 2.36"
    Width at 24th: 2.68"
    String spacing: Adjustable. Cuurently ~18mm at the bridge

IMG_0726.
    IMG_0714.
    IMG_0713.
    IMG_0715.
    IMG_0708.
    IMG_0717.
    IMG_0718.
    IMG_0712. [/QUOTE]
    IMG_0645.

OHSC and Dunlap dual design strap locks included. Bass will ship with a brand new set of Sadowsky Blue on it.
    $1500 PP'd and Shipped CONUS :hyper:

Drop me a line for any other pix, or questions.
    Thanks!

2. 20YearNoob

20YearNoob

Mar 29, 2012
    here's a free bump.

that just might be the sexiest jazz bass I have _ever_ seen.

3. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man

Feb 11, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Jaydee Basses
    Nice!!! Any sound clips?

4. echoSE7EN

echoSE7EN

Jul 1, 2010
    Balto., MD
    Played it on this rough/demo track (But it had TI Flats on it at the time)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
  5. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man

Feb 11, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Jaydee Basses
    interesting....sounds kinda vintage with a little modern twang..

6. Hankenstein

Hankenstein Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Piermont, New York
    .66"= approx 16.75mm

7. Weight?

8. echoSE7EN

echoSE7EN

Jul 1, 2010
    Balto., MD
    My bathroom scale isn't the most accurate, but I'm getting just over 10. EDIT: See HonestAbe's post below where the weight was 10lbs even at UPS. Thanks Abe!

9. jamminology101

jamminology101

Aug 22, 2012
    Indianapolis In
    Endorsing Artist: Glockenklang
    Do u like the sound of it and how does it sound in ur opinion to fenders, sadowskys, etc jazz type basses. I tried to listen to the clip but my smartphone doesn't have beats audio....lol

10. honest abe

honest abe Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Weslaco TX
    Audio Engineer for Marcos Witt
    Im the original owner of this bass and can testify just how good it is. Below is the link to my original thread with alot of information and more pics. It weighs an even 10lbs (trusty UPS scale) and the standard string spacing is 18.5mm although it is adjustable with the grooved saddles. Someone will be very happy with this bass!

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/...ate-fantastic-bolivian-rosewood-board-773917/

11. echoSE7EN

echoSE7EN

Jul 1, 2010
    Balto., MD
    I've owned MIA Fender J(s), and a Mike Lull, and I prefer passive tone of this bass to those. I think it gets a bit more aggressive than a Fender (for lack of a better word) when you dig in, and can cop a very good vintage tone when desired; more so than my Lull did. The Aggie pre is flexible enough cover everything from rock/funk/slap. My favorite aspects of the bass are the Pau Ferro board, and width of the neck. This neck is chunkier than a Fender J-neck though. I've not had the opportunity to play a Sadowsky.

12. jamminology101

jamminology101

Aug 22, 2012
    Indianapolis In
    Endorsing Artist: Glockenklang
    Gotcha...I've owned various spectors ns's in the past, in fact I bought a few of em back in my college band days in the late 80's/early 90's when they were relatively new to the scene loved em. I remember reading an article in guitar world where u had to get the real emg's on em which was exactly what I did. I had a teal / blue one originally n it got stolen at a basement gig, bought a see thru type red one that got ran over unloading, and bought a black one after that when we were touring the Midwest....showing my age. I used to be a big active only head but it is funny how over the years I have drifted back to more traditional sounding passive tones like my fenders or sadowskys. Spector is a great company, I nvr had any problems w mine live n their construction was always top notch..just not my cup o tea anymore until I saw the coda line.

13. echoSE7EN

echoSE7EN

Jul 1, 2010
    Balto., MD
    Here's your chance! ;)

14. echoSE7EN

echoSE7EN

Jul 1, 2010
    Balto., MD
    ^^^

15. echoSE7EN

echoSE7EN

Jul 1, 2010
    Balto., MD
    Bump.

16. pablomigraine

pablomigraine Commercial User

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    VP & Managing Director - Willcox Basses
    Free bump for an amazing, totally underrated bass... just not enough of these on the street yet to get the buzz it deserves. A VERY powerful bass. Really a more solid foundation when run passive than any other Jbass Ive ever tried, and Ive tried a few! The Aggie pre is a favorite, but does something very sweet with the treble on this bass I can't really describe. Often people don't like the idea of a fatter neck but this neck is just amazing, It's wider and fatter in a really comfortable way. You'd hafta play it to understand. This bass deserves a good home... and if it were another color, it would be MINE

17. SevenDayBass

SevenDayBass

Jul 16, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Endorsing Artist: Spector basses
    Seriously thinking about putting up my 2 Euro4LXs to get this. Played one and absolutely loved it.

18. rigorous bass

rigorous bass Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2012
    I played one at Bassnw and loved every thing about it! This color is awesome! What a great bass!!

19. Ds1

Ds1 Commercial User

Dec 3, 2008
    Syracuse, NY
    Owner: Ish Guitars, Inc. Owner: Ish Case, Inc
    Haha, we were just talking abut how awesome these are! Free bump for you, sir.

20. echoSE7EN

echoSE7EN

Jul 1, 2010
    Balto., MD
    Everybody-is-working-for-the-weekend-bump

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.