1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: Spector Euro 4 in Dark Red w/case - $950 SHIPPED

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by NordLead, Jan 11, 2012.

1. NordLead

NordLead

Sep 17, 2009
    SOLD

2. NordLead

NordLead

Sep 17, 2009
    Let's get this baby sold =)

3. SevenDayBass

SevenDayBass

Jul 16, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Endorsing Artist: Spector basses
    If its still here next week I think it might be coming to chicago :)

4. NordLead

NordLead

Sep 17, 2009
    If no one else messages me and buys it, sure, just shoot over a PM =)

5. I'm not interested in a 4 string right now, but these Euro LX's are great basses. I have an Euro LX5 and it's awesome! I'd love to see some pics of this bass under some light, I know the shade of these basses tend to look even better under light.

6. NordLead

NordLead

Sep 17, 2009
    This is actually a pre-LX model. I'm working on some pics now...

7. Low Main

Low Main Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Pre-LX means body wings with fancy maple tops and alder backs?

And a Tone Pump preamp, or something else?

8. moe.moe

moe.moe Endorsed by Mercy & Grace ™

Jun 22, 2008
    Pre lx means that it's a full maple body but the preamp has no trim pot... that's my understanding....
    LX's have the maple/alder body....

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/spector-euro-euro-lx-differences-347619/

scroll down to Spector_Ray's post. There's a photo of his Spectors' body....

His quote:

"The only difference between the Euro and the LX is that the Euro has a full maple body whereas the LX has a thin slice of walnut sandwiched between a maple top and alder back. It's a bit warmer sounding bass, but still retains that classic Spector growl."

This is the side of my Euro 4LX. You can see the maple on top, walnut and alder on bottom.

9. NordLead

NordLead

Sep 17, 2009
    Bumpdate for some new pics.

10. jarrod cunningham

jarrod cunningham

Apr 24, 2007
    sylacauga alabama
    spector basses
    This one is either gonna have a EMG preamp or an Aguilar obp1 from the factory .

11. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Late 2001/early 2002 Tone Pumps, not EMG's, started to replace the OBP-1's in these. :)

12. jarrod cunningham

jarrod cunningham

Apr 24, 2007
    sylacauga alabama
    spector basses
    Phat , I was keying off of the anodized bridge and lack of serial number on the headstock . Seemed to me like it would have been an early euro/ns4crfm . And I thought all those were EMG then Aguilar .

History hijack and bump .

Key back in phat .

13. PhatBasstard

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Could be. I can't see (from the shadowy pic) if there's a serial or not.

The anodized bridge is not a (but previously thought to be) marker. My Euro4 (NB0508) has the anodized bridge still. The info I have is there weren't any OBP-1's installed until the Euro4's and Euro5's in 2001. Lasting about a year until the intro of the Tone Pump. If it's a NSCRFM, EMG would be correct and should still have a 4 digit (no "NB") serial horizontally instead of vertically on the headstock.

All bumps are good bumps. :D

14. If this were for sale a month from now it would be mine......

Envy bumpage.....

15. NordLead

NordLead

Sep 17, 2009
    Have lots of interest about it, probably going to be gone soon. I won't take it down from here and put it on Ebay so the first person to send over payment will be the new owner =)

16. NordLead

NordLead

Sep 17, 2009
    Up again. Still up for grabs.

17. PhatBasstard

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Since there is no serial on the back of the headstock, it is most likely stamped insider the control cavity wood. That would make this a 1998-2000 (because it has inlays) NS4CRFM, not a Euro4. The pre would almost have to be (if original) EMG.

Hey look. Another bump. :smug:

18. jarrod cunningham

jarrod cunningham

Apr 24, 2007
    sylacauga alabama
    spector basses
    COOL ! Bump

19. NordLead

NordLead

Sep 17, 2009
    Wait... so this isn't a Euro 4? I don't know much about the history of these basses. I was under the impression that this was a pre-LX Euro 4, without the little slice of wood in the body and the old preamp deal, from the guy I bought it from. So what is it to clarify? And just out of curiosity, what would the price difference be in an older Euro 4 compared to the other model that was mentioned?

20. NordLead

NordLead

Sep 17, 2009
    I took the back off of it. It has a very small white piece of paper with 'C E' and next to it, it has the number 2703 pressed into the wood itself. What can that tell us?

EDIT: Crap, I just emailed Spector but they said they're out of the office until January 24th due to the NAMM show.