1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: Spector Euro 4LX $900 plus shipping

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by tonyp145, Mar 11, 2013.

1. tonyp145

tonyp145

Apr 1, 2012
    Kent, WA
    Selling my gorgeous Spector because I'm switching back to guitar (I know, boo hiss ;-). This bass was made in the Czech Republic and is a neck-through P/J. It has a wonderful growly tone and great sustain. It's also lightweight and really comfortable to wear on a long gig (I used it on a couple of 4 hour jobs last month).

I bought it used about 6 months ago but it seems like it has been well cared for. Not much in the way of scratches or fret wear. Comes with strap locks and a hard shell case. Here's a link to a new one for more info:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/bass...7427.212.284&gclid=CNK84LuS9rUCFZE-Mgod-HMAOQ

I'm fairly new to TB, but have been on eBay for about 15 years, my user ID on eBay is tonyp145 and I have strong feedback. I know how to pack and ship guitars so they arrive safely. I'll work with you using whatever shipping method you prefer (personally I like FedEx Ground, but I use them all). Buyer to pay shipping.

Let me know if you have questions. Thanks for looking.

2. brotherbassj

brotherbassj

Sep 20, 2008
    Virginia
    Jim Dunlop USA, King Kong Cases, Golden Eagle Energy Drink
    So based on your link, it's an oil finish, not gloss?

3. tonyp145

tonyp145

Apr 1, 2012
    Kent, WA
    That's right, it's not glossy, here are a couple of pix:

NBD2.

NBD.

4. tonyp145

tonyp145

Apr 1, 2012
    Kent, WA
    Needless to say, strap and stand not included ;)

5. e.rich

e.rich undersecretary of enablement Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2011
    W. Newbury, MA
    Bump for a very purty Spector!

6. brotherbassj

brotherbassj

Sep 20, 2008
    Virginia
    Jim Dunlop USA, King Kong Cases, Golden Eagle Energy Drink
    I believe what you have there is a SPector Euro 4 LX with Bubinga..........nice!

7. Moooon

Moooon

Nov 15, 2011
    nice..

8. tonyp145

tonyp145

Apr 1, 2012
    Kent, WA
    Thanks I didn't realize!

9. Sleepwalker42

Sleepwalker42 Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Chicago
    What's the nut size on this and how would you describe the neck, kind of chunky, skinny?

10. fomobass

fomobass

Sep 20, 2011
    Russia
    PM'd

11. ynot12

ynot12 Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Elk Grove Village, IL
    Wow. Don't see many of these. Great pricel too!

12. tonyp145

tonyp145

Apr 1, 2012
    Kent, WA
  13. SaucyJackBass

SaucyJackBass

May 6, 2009
    So still available?

14. Slade N

Slade N Supporting Member

May 28, 2005
    portland, or
    34 or 35 scale?

15. LimaGuy

LimaGuy The Godfather Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2011
    NY
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    A little help out bump for tonyp145

This is a Bubinga Top with an Alder back. There was a run of these made around 2003.

A pretty rare find. It's a 34" scale

What are the first 2 numbers after the NB on the back of the headstock?

16. tonyp145

tonyp145

Apr 1, 2012
    Kent, WA
    Thanks LimaGuy, this is so cool selling a bass this way. I'm learning about my bass (now my wife doesn't want me to sell it because you said it's rare, oy). Anyway, the serial number is NB 5610.

I'm also noticing now that the case is a little thrashed. Nothing serious, but it's got a few scrapes. Better it than the bass though right?

17. tonyp145

tonyp145

Apr 1, 2012
    Kent, WA
    One more thing, I've had two buyers express serious interest and I'm not sure what the etiquette is here (I've been doing eBay since the mid-90s, I need a BIN button ;).) One fellow from Russia has committed to buy it and says he'll pay me tomorrow. The other fellow contacted me first but hasn't made a firm commitment yet. I messaged him a couple of hours ago but haven't heard back. It seems wrong to leave the Russian fellow hanging (not to mention, hello, bird in hand!)

Should I just commit to my buyer and tell the other guy it's his if the first guy falls through? I think that's the right answer, but I figured I'd ask anyway. Thanks folks.

18. LimaGuy

LimaGuy The Godfather Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2011
    NY
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    If its NB 5610 then it was made in 2006.

It must have been a custom order then.

Either way, this is a rare Euro. I have only seen one other like this and that was a fretless.

19. SaucyJackBass

SaucyJackBass

May 6, 2009
    First deal made is the winner. When someone has cash in hand, you take it. That said, I am always very, very , very nervous about transactions with Russia.

20. tonyp145

tonyp145

Apr 1, 2012
    Kent, WA
    I sold a Heritage hollow body to a fellow in Russia last year, that was a $1,500 guitar and the transaction went very smoothly. That being said international shipping is always a little more difficult than domestic, but it's not that big a deal. Just a couple more forms that have to be filled out. Thanks Saucy Jack.