1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Spector Euro 4LX (blue stain) - $850 shipped

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by David Vector, Mar 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Vector

David Vector Supporting Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Michigan
    UPDATE: I previously listed this is a Euro 4LX, but have come to find that it is actually a Euro 4 made in 2003 just prior to the LX transition, so the entire bass is maple and it does not have the alder back.

FOR SALE ONLY: Spector Euro 4 in blue stain finish. Gold hardware, standard brass nut. EMG P/J pickups and Spector Tone Pump preamp. Apart from the usual buckle rash on the back of the body, the bass is in really good shape except for a gouge on the top edge of the fretboard around the fourth fret (see pic below) – I don’t find it to interfere with playability at all, but buyer should be aware of it. I don’t know the exact weight. I know there are heavier Spectors 4's out there than this one, though – my brother has a 4LX and his is noticeably heavier than this one.

The finish on this bass is gorgeous when the light hits it just right. Definitely one of my favorites of the basses I’ve owned – plays great, records great. Lately I’ve been doing keyboard-dominated work and have hardly been playing bass at all, though (not to mention the taxman hit me harder than I’d expected this year), so I have to pass it on.

Includes non-Spector hardshell case in very good condition, strap, straplocks.

SOLD

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. David Vector

Jun 4, 2006
    Michigan
    Bump

3. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    Any way we can find out the year? If you have the serial #, we can email PJ. The reason is that it doesn't look like a Euro LX, but an older Euro (all maple). Not a bad thing, I'm just looking for an LX.

4. David Vector

Jun 4, 2006
    Michigan
    It was listed as a 4LX by the TBer from whom I purchased it and it basically looks identical to my brother's 4LX apart from the color (which he ordered new from Spector a few years ago). I have to admit my knowledge of Spector bass history is very sketchy, though. I'll PM you the serial # since you have a source to check on the build year - I guess it would be interesting to know.

5. NOLA Bass

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    I emailed PJ at Spector this weekend, so I'll let you know what I hear back. The usual easy way to tell an LX is that you have the maple top, sandwich line of walnut and then an alder back. However, that finish hides it either way. I thought that blueburst was on the older all maple ones only, but I may be very wrong.

6. NOLA Bass

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    From PJ Rubal, this is a 2003, which is the transition year from the all maple Euro 4's to the Euro LX's. However, this blueburst finish was only available on the all maple models.

Free Bump for a great deal on an all maple Spector with one of my all time fav finishes! You won't find a better bass for this $$ IMO!!

7. I'm interested but do you have a better shot of the gouge on the neck or can you better describe it?? Thanks!

8. David Vector

Jun 4, 2006
    Michigan
    First post updated to reflect the new info that NOLA Bass kindly obtained for me.

As far as the gouge goes, I didn't have any luck getting a clearer photo of it (my digital camera leaves a bit to be desired - it goes out of focus when you get too close to the subject). The gouge isn't very deep and could probably be smoothed right out by a guitar tech. Basically it just feels like you run across a rough spot if you run your fingers down the top edge of the fingerboard. I never felt it while playing...I think the only way you would is if you had an unconventional technique like Chris Squire and hooked your thumb over the top edge of the neck to fret notes on the "E" string.

9. PM sent.

10. David Vector

Jun 4, 2006
    Michigan
    Sale pending

11. PayPal set Dave. :hyper:

Thanks bro!

Jay:bassist:

12. David Vector

Jun 4, 2006