Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS Spector Euro $700. shipped

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by RSmith, Nov 16, 2004.

1. I just got a blue burst flamed maple top Spector Euro 4 in a trade. It is an excellent bass, but I'm gonna die a Jazz bass man so I'm sellin' it. Almost new condition except for a finish check on the lower part of the body and a scratch by the bridge. Sound and playability gets 10 out of 10. No buzzes, no issues. The build quality on this bass is incredible. I'm looking for $700. shipped.
    Robert

2. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
  3. Philthy

Philthy Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2001
    Wallington, NJ
    Just a couple of questions:

-Do you know approx. what year it is?
    -Electronics - what type of preamp, tone pump? 2 band, right?
    -does it come with a hardshell case?
    -how about fret wear?

Thanks, I'm very interested.

4. I'm not sure of the year, the serial # is 82321 one of our resident gurus may solve this.

I would assume tone pump pre. It is a 2 band.

Comes with a Warwick hardshell case that fits it perfect.

Fret wear is 0 as it is brand new!

5. KeithPas

KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa
    Would you consider a cherryburst G&L L2000 in mint condition or a Fender US1 Highway bass with SD Hotstack pickups as well as the stock pickups? If you would be I can send pics. PM me your email if you want to check tham out.

6. I'm looking to sell instead of trade at this point. I think it's priced very well so both parties will be happy. This bass is brand new. The original owner bought it, took it to a few rehersals then decided it wasn't going to replace any of his Warwicks. So he traded me for a Warick fretless. I will post pics later today. Any other questions welcome!

7. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    WOW I need a quick loan... :( I should call my guitarist...

I NEED that bass!

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Why are YOU selling it?

If its still around in a month or two (doubt it will be ) Ill have money for it then..

9. Figjam,
    I knew I'd hear from you. I saw your posts when I was obsessing...opps, I mean researching..... Spector Euros.

I'll start by saying I got this bass for two reasons. To check out the Spector buzz for myself, and if I didn't absolutely have top keep it I knew it would move faster and easier then the unlined fretless Warwick I traded for it.

I am selling this bass for a few reasons....
    1) No matter how many basses I try I like a Jazz style neck period.
    2) If I did manage to get comfy on this neck the EMG's are a little too aggressive with my GK 800rb. I'm playing I'm playing blues, country, funk, disco and rock too, so once more the jazz gets the nod based on versitility (My option!).
    3) Im gonna use the dough to outfit my Jazz with some Aero's or Fralins, a Hipshot D-tuner, and a chrome pick-up cover ala Marcus Miller's jazz. With the rest i'll take the family to Universial Studios.

So yes this is a KILLER bass but I gots me a plan! :D

10. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    heh, alright.

you know its sad when everyone knows the kind of bass im gasing for :(

heh

11. pics of my bass, the bass for sale are available upon request. Including close-ups of said imperfections keeping it from being mint condition.

12. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Id like to see the pics, just incase i come up with the money before this thing is gone.

FuBbalSpieler14@hotmail.com is my email if you want to send tehm there, or PM me.

13. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    Fig, I sent you a PM.

14. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
  15. saxybill1

saxybill1 Attorney

Nov 9, 2004
    Virginia
    Is the bass still available?
    Thanks

16. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA

on behalf of RSmith.................no, it has been sold.

-Mike