1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS Spector Rebop (Czech) Zebra with Barts (price drop)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by richnota, Nov 4, 2010.

1. richnota

richnota Gold Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Santa Cruz
    SOLD TO A GREAT TB'R

For sale is a near-perfect Spector Rebop five string. Beautiful zebrawood top. No rash. No haze. orig $700...now $650 Paypal shipped USA ONLY.

The stock hi-Z EMGs and "tonepump" were replaced with a passive pair of Bartolini soap bars (run in series). I wanted to experience the signal chain with one less preamp. The sound is scooped with a big bottom and classic Spector high-end bite.

The bass was just set up by a pro. Transcendent feel. Today I play primarily fretless piezo basses and truthfully, am just out of room. I must thin the herd.

I'll include a protec ultra-light weight "semi-hard" bass case.

IMG_0663.

IMG_0665.

IMG_0673.

Tiny blemishes only visible in "macro"

IMG_0674.

IMG_0675.

IMG_0676.

2. richnota

Jan 11, 2005
    Santa Cruz
    I need to make space.

otherwise new ACG will have have to stay in backyard in the rain and snow.

3. Taps07

Taps07

Sep 16, 2008
    PM sent

4. slamsinger

slamsinger Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Coventry RI
    Pm sent

5. richnota

Jan 11, 2005
    Santa Cruz
    bass comes with OEM pickups (EMG Hi-Z) as well as the current installed bartolinis.

6. richnota

Jan 11, 2005
    Santa Cruz
    bump. Yes it is perfect.

7. richnota

Jan 11, 2005
    Santa Cruz
    The bass is currently passive (no preamp) Just V + V + T + T .

I will include what i believe is the original TonePump preamp....it would have to be rewired. personally I'd put an aguilar in there if i wanted active.

IMO the bass with passive bartolinis sounds incredibly cool and completely "Spector"--seems the basses owe more to wood and build than to preamps. Big bottom and crisp top. Nice mid scoop.

8. peledog

peledog

Jul 9, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Great looking bass! Do you still have the Tonepump and the EMG Hz PUPs?

Are you the first owner?

I'm VERY interested. But, it won't be for another 3 weeks before I can get the cash. So, SUBSCRIBED!

9. zrxnha

zrxnha

Sep 25, 2010
    Where is produced?

10. Need2KnowBasses

Need2KnowBasses

Aug 30, 2010
    Chzech the post title for your answer.

11. richnota

Jan 11, 2005
    Santa Cruz
    thank you.

Regarding the question as to my original ownership:

The bass was owned by a little old lady who only played it on fridays with her "Death Polka" band. Ok... thats not true. The bass has a previous owner but he either did not play it much or was super careful. The bass is in amazing condition.

Regarding the OEM preamp (aka Tonepump):

As mentioned I will include the OEM pickups and what I think is the original preamp (black cube wired to four pots, no battery terminal). I make no guarantee on the pre. IMO the original treble boost preamp was awful. Why you'd want to use it is beyond me, but to each his own> The bass sounds incredible in its current form. Again no guarantee that this is the right preamp...could be from another Spector I'd had.

12. peledog

peledog

Jul 9, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    I would buy any bass used in a death polka band.

Anyway, thanks for the info - yeah, the Tonepump doesn't have any identifying writing on it - but it is a black cube. The original owner probably cut the battery terminal from the Tonepump and used it on the new preamp, perhaps?

13. danzub

danzub

Feb 19, 2010
    Nashua NH
    PM send

14. richnota

Jan 11, 2005
    Santa Cruz
    SOLD.