Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SOLD FS: Spector (SSD) NS-4 unlined fretless bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by IndyBass, Sep 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IndyBass

IndyBass

Jun 11, 2005
    Central Indiana
    THIS BASS IS SOLD

This is my SSD NS-4 unlined fretless bass, built in October 1994. This is a USA neck-thru bass. It has an ebony fingerboard and quilted maple wings. Natural oil finish. 18v electronics w/ EMG soapbar pups. Comes with the original hard case.

There are two shallow marks on the edge (treble side) of the body. There is also a hairline crack in the plastic truss rod cover (at one of the screw holes), and a short hairline crack in the ebony at the end of the fingerboard closest to the pups.

Anybody looking for a Spector Euro fretless? Check this bass out! Get a great deal on a USA bass at a Euro price. Asking $1500 OBO. <--- Reduced Price!

THIS BASS IS SOLD

More images here: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/indyjeneric/my_photos

[​IMG]

2. IndyBass

IndyBass

Jun 11, 2005
    Central Indiana
    Bumping in the new forum. Thanks for looking!

3. Bump for a most excellent bass

4. IndyBass

IndyBass

Jun 11, 2005
    Central Indiana
    Bump for the emergency appendectomy I had on Sunday. Ouch.

Thanks for looking!

5. IndyBass

IndyBass

Jun 11, 2005
    Central Indiana
    My band/gigging situation has just changed (for the better), so I'm open to trade the SSD for a Jazz-style 5-string (Lakland JO or Sadowsky, etc), plus/minus cash, depending on the bass. Please PM me with any interest. Thanks!

6. mwhite89

mwhite89

Apr 3, 2005
    Gore, Oklahoma
    I have a beautiful late 90s Yamaha TRB-5P I would like to trade. Ebony fret borad, 35 scale, gold hardware, original cass, never played outside of my office. In excellent condition. Many say the workmanship of this bass surpasses the more recent models. I will send you a picture if you are interested. :bassist:

7. IndyBass

IndyBass

Jun 11, 2005
    Central Indiana
    Hey mwhite89: Thanks for your offer, but I'm going to pass on the TRB-5P. I remember them, and they're very nice - just not quite what I'm looking for at this time. -IndyBass

8. gflowers

gflowers Sadowsky Nut Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    What is the control knob layout? How is the wear on the board? It's not very clear on the pics.

9. IndyBass

IndyBass

Jun 11, 2005
    Central Indiana
    Hi gflowers,

The knobs are volume, blend, and stacked bass/treble.

The board does have some wear from roundwound strings. The wear under the E and A is a little more than the wear under the D and G. There are noticeable marks from the windings, but the board is not "grooved out" by any means.

I'll try to get a better photo of the wear, and post it.

Thanks for your interest,
    Eric

10. IndyBass

IndyBass

Jun 11, 2005
    Central Indiana
    Well, this image sucks, but it was hard to capture the wear on the board. The camera flash makes it look like the grooves are white, which they're not. I would call these surface marks - no real depth at all. Just regular wear for a non-coated ebony board.

Thanks!

[​IMG]

11. IndyBass

IndyBass

Jun 11, 2005
    Central Indiana
    This bass is SOLD, to BSR6P-Bob. Nice meeting you today, Bob! Thanks a lot for your interest. I'll definitely miss the fretless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.