1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: Spector USA NS-JH5-FM priced to move

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by twistdpair, Jan 14, 2008.

1. twistdpair

twistdpair Endorsing Artist: Enzyte Male Enhancement Products

Aug 28, 2007
    Connecticut
    SOLD

I am BROKE...so I need to bring some cash in. First $1100 takes it with local pickup (Canton, CT) including case. If you're interested in having me ship it out, we could probably work something out. Hurry before I change my mind, as I am prone to do.:meh:

I'll be posting some pics ASAP.

2002 Spector NS-JH5-FM in natural oil. Beautiful instrument to look at and to listen to. Hand made in Woodstock, NY and signed by Stuart Spector - #111 - 11/5/02. I believe TB member "Poon" had this bass at some point, and I snatched it up on ebay a while ago. Mellower and warmer than I'm used to for a Spector - great, versatile instrument. It is in very good condition with a minor blemish here and there - almost unavoidable with the natural finish. I have always cared for it using Butcher's wax (body) and lemon oil (fingerboard).

Specs:
    * 2-piece SOLID flamed maple body
    * Hipshot bridge
    * Aguilar OBP-1 preamp
    * 3 ply maple neck construction with graphite stiffening rods and heavy duty truss rod
    * Classic curved NS shape designed for Spector by Ned Steinberger
    * 5 Strings
    * 35" scale
    * Bolt-on neck
    * Active EMG USA Pickups - 40TW (switchable single/double coil) at bridge and 40J at neck.
    * Gotoh tuners
    * Original Spector hardshell case

NO TRADES - I NEED $$ - SORRY! :crying: Back to my Legend...

2. moonbass-de

moonbass-de Supporting Member

Aug 28, 2007
    Minnesota
    money can be in your paypal in minutes......1150 shipped to MN?
    I assume it is flamed maple, nevertheless if the shipping is ok for you, a photo would be the final go!
    let me know!

3. Johnny Fila

Johnny Fila Formerly "The Crusader" Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    pics?

4. twistdpair

Aug 28, 2007
    Connecticut
    Pics are on the way...look for them early evening. In the meantime, here's a lo-res.

Attached Files:

5. p0k

p0k I play the bass and design things.

Feb 6, 2007
    Brockton, MA
    these things are awesome, and that's a killer deal! somebody snag this...

6. p0k

p0k I play the bass and design things.

Feb 6, 2007
    Brockton, MA
    hey, my NS-JH5 was number 110 from the same batch...crazy.

7. The Spector USA B.O's are amazing basses. If I had the cash on hand it'd be mine. The bodies now are maple/mahogany so the maple/maple B.O's are kinda hard to find.

The neck on my USA BO is amazingly comfortable, less chuncky than the Euro NT that I own. I think the BO's have a great tone for recording. They provide a great low/low mid pillow that just fits even in a dense mix.

I guess this is just a long winded bump

8. twistdpair

Aug 28, 2007
    Connecticut
    So you going to reunite the long-lost brothers? :p

9. mophead

mophead

Oct 24, 2004
    Texas Panhandle
    Just bought one of these for Christmas with the two 40tw's. They are so light weight compared to my Euro neck thru. Wish I had waited as this is MUCH less than I paid.
    Grab it.

10. twistdpair

Aug 28, 2007
    Connecticut
    If you guys are trying to talk me into keeping it, it's starting to work...:confused:

11. twistdpair

Aug 28, 2007
    Connecticut
    Sold..thanks.

12. fishtx

fishtx

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    I own two USA BO Spectors...great Basses...someone got a fantastic deal here!

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021