1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Squier Affinity Jazz V with pre-2010 American Deluxe electronics and pickups

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Kwesi, Oct 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I literally just bought this off TB like a week ago and it's actually fantastic but I was gifted another bass that I dig a smidgen more... I think? Truth be told I'm still feeling them both out but I'm trying to put cash together to grab something so I'm just throwing this ad out there. $300 +shipping Also willing to do a partial trade for a Sadowsky onboard preamp.

It's got medium action with some fretbuzz in the higher frets (12th on up primarily on the A and D strings, none on the G). I might make a video before it sells, we'll see. It sounds killer.

A few sloppy clicps. I wasn't joking when I said it sounds killer:

Neck

Bridge

Both

Playing along to some Meshell

[​IMG]

2. bump

3. scjbass92

scjbass92

Oct 23, 2012
    I would line to hear how it sounds thinking about buying

4. TLJordan19

TLJordan19 Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Do you have extra pics. I would like to see how & where the battery was place along with the input jack on the side.

5. xeau5Qb.

I'm guessing the battery is in the preamp cavity because there's no battery box. Clips coming maybe tomorrow if I can wake up at a reasonable hour. Also, forgot to mention that it'll come with a white pickguard too.

6. fruitlabor

fruitlabor Gold Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2007
    pm'd

7. Jamarvic

Jamarvic Endorsing Mofongo!

Aug 5, 2009
    The battery is under the pick guard.

8. bump for a dope bass. Also willing to do a partial trade for a Sadowsky onboard preamp.

9. herndonbassist

herndonbassist Low Down Thumper Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Herndon, VA - NoVa
    Hey ... very interested... what does the headstock look like on these?

10. Here ya go.

tsGAilo.

11. TLJordan19

TLJordan19 Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2011
    I think we all are waiting on that sound clip.

12. Haha, every time I sat down to record something I just ended up messing around but here's a few sloppy ones I threw together real quick. The bass is set flat for all of them.

Neck

Bridge

Both

Playing along to some Meshell

13. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    I WANT THIS BASS!

14. fourtet102

fourtet102

Jun 20, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    I hate heaters!
    Basswood body?

15. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    alder

16. Jamarvic

Jamarvic Endorsing Mofongo!

Aug 5, 2009
    I knew I'd miss it..bump.

17. Man, it's your fault I have this bass believe it or not lol! I kept listening to those clips you posted of you playing your old black Affinity Jazz V and I decided I needed my own 60s jazz. Now I've got two (and they actually sound really different which is why the choice was so hard) and one's gotta go. If I felt like I could justify hanging on to more than two basses it'd be sticking around.

This a really roundabout way of me saying you should buy this bass :p.

I can see why man!

18. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    im trying to figure out a way to swing it! i dig this one because its modern sounding. my old one had an old school grind but i ultimately like the tone of my fernandes 5 with aeros better. you do a fret level on these affinity 5's and your good to go! i had the action slammed on my old one.........back to the finances.:bassist:

19. bump

20. bump. no longer doing trades.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.