SOLD FS: Squier Classic Vibe 60's Precision Bass in Fiesta Red Tort Guard Upgrades!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by toniwonkanobi, Jul 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toniwonkanobi

toniwonkanobi Supporting Member

May 23, 2008
    Northern California
    Endorsing 1964 Ears, LLC.
    History
    I purchased this instrument about two weeks ago. At the time I was without both a bass and a job (lol) and needed something cheap for a gig. I ended up getting the bass and about $100 later, I had a pretty sweet Pino Palladino signature ripoff ;)

Modifications
    Here are the upgrades I had performed on this bass:
    • I had a local guitar technician remove the stock pickups and replace them with a set of Seymour Duncan SPB-1's ($64.95)
    • I also had him replace the stock [terrible] electronics with CTS pots, an Orange Drop 0.1uf cap (period correct capacitor value vs. stock), cloth wiring, and Fender Vintage style barrel knobs ($28.98)
    • He professionally installed an official Fender American Vintage bass bridge ($22.59)
    • He also sanded the back of the neck to remove the glossy, sticky polyester finish per my request. Afterwards, he applied a protective stain that gives the back of the neck a relic look

Take-home Message
    • All in all, the upgrades made a fairly decent guitar pretty good
    • $600 is about what I have invested in this bass, after the upgrades, shipping, and tax thrown in, as well as labor for the technician. It easily outperforms the Fender Standard basses, and probably gives some of the pre-08 American Standards a run for their money as well (I have played and owned all of the aforementioned basses)

Pictures

[DEL]$410[/DEL] $360 shipped USPS Money Order (PM for PayPal/Square Trade inquiries)

2. toniwonkanobi

May 23, 2008
    Northern California
    Still available ;)

3. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Looks great. I am wondering how he got the Fender American bridge on there. I've owned two of these Squier fiesta red CV bodies for various faux-Pino builds and I learned the Squier High Mass bridge holes are ever so slightly off from the "standard" Fender-style 5-hole pattern.

4. toniwonkanobi

May 23, 2008
    Northern California
    Plugged them and filled with compound. Then installed the new one :) The center hole was his starting point.

5. toniwonkanobi

May 23, 2008
    Northern California
    Price drop $50 :)

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.