SOLD FS: Squier Classic Vibe 60's Precision

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by thisSNsucks, Feb 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks I build Grosbeak Guitars and Basses Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Grosbeak Guitars
    PRICE DROP...AGAIN!!!
    Hey guys I have a nice Squier Classic Vibe 60's Precision Bass up for sale.

We've all seen these before but just in case, here's a quick rundown of it's features:

Basswood Body, Maple Neck with Rosewood Board (9.5" Radius), Sonic Blue Finish, W/B/W Pickguard, HiMass Bridge, Thumbrest, and Bridge Cover.

I also added a Chrome Pickup Cover (using the screws from the Bridge Cover, so you can only put on cover on unless you buy 2 new screws) and flat top barrel knobs to really nail the classic look of this bass. Original knobs will be included

This bass weighs in at about 9.5lbs and balances very nicely. I was worried about the basswood body for tone, but I can assure you that this is one stellar sounding P.

The quality of this bass is great. Tuners hold their tune well, bridge is actually very nice, fretwork is good, neck is nice and straight, action is set medium low, could probably go lower.

The only quirks I have found on this is that there is a slight gap in the neck pocket. None of my thin picks can slide into it but its still noticeable if you look. And also there is a small little crack/chip in the paint around the neck pocket. I did my best to photograph these below.

Other than that this bass is in great shape with no serious dents or dings.

These go for $300 new from MF.

I'm asking $195 shipped to the Continental US. Payment can be made either by Paypal or Money order. Bass will be shipped in its original shipping container.

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me. Now on to the pics. Thanks for looking!

2. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks I build Grosbeak Guitars and Basses Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Grosbeak Guitars
    P1010177.jpg

P1010179.jpg

P1010181.jpg

P1010183.jpg

P1010184.gif

P1010180.jpg

3. thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Grosbeak Guitars
    bump

4. thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Grosbeak Guitars
    PRICE DROP!!! $225 shipped to the cont. US. Paypal or Money Order.

5. thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Grosbeak Guitars
    And lowered again. Steal this thing from me guys.

$195.00 Shipped to the continental US, Paypal or Money order.

6. thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Grosbeak Guitars
    Final bump before I ebay this sucker tomorrow. PM me with any offers.

7. Great deal! So you don't think the neck pocket gap is a real issue? I had a Squier body once that I had a SX neck on and it even had what looks like the same gap you have.

I can't buy anything until Rondo issues my refund. Won't be til next week though...

Steve

8. thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Grosbeak Guitars
    Honestely I've seen some vintage fenders with worse neck gaps and they sounded great. One of my old StingRays had a gap similar to this, and that bass was fine. Sure if I would choose a bass without a gap over one that has one, but its not a total deal breaker.

9. WarriorJoe7

WarriorJoe7 Inactive

Mar 12, 2004
    Syracuse, NY
  10. thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Grosbeak Guitars
  11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.