1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS - Squier CV Jazz neck and tuners

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by ProfGumby, Mar 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ProfGumby

ProfGumby

Jan 15, 2007
    Michigan's U.P.
    SOLD!

Up for grabs is the original neck from my CV jazz. All is fine, all works fine and there are no issues I am aware of and no dings that I can find. There was a wee chip when the nut was changed (I did not do the job) that was glued back in and you have to really look to find it.It is on the g string side between the nut slot and the headstock. I could not get it to photograph. To that end there is a Tusq nut installed.

So a used but good/great condition CV neck with tuners and string button, just add strings & loaded bass body and play!

I am asking $150 shipped anywhere Con US.

adj41j.jpg
    f0q7v7.jpg 2hn583d.gif 5ow11y.jpg vsfj0j.jpg
    I have also be cleaned up the finger smudges and conditioned the fretboard...lookin good!

SOLD!

2. ProfGumby

ProfGumby

Jan 15, 2007
    Michigan's U.P.
    I will post pics of the neck with the fretboard conditioned later today....and I feel obliged to add that the only reason I am selling this neck is it has my least favorite neck profile. But I know a lot of people here love these necks. To each his own is going to get someone a mighty fine neck!

3. Someones going to get an excellent neck, these IMO are better then MIM's on almost a level of CIJ models if this were p width it would be mine

4. DannyG

DannyG

Feb 23, 2002
    I'd love to see those updated pics if you have 'em.

5. 3rdBass

3rdBass Funk in A Supporting Member

Can't quite make out the S/N or the date stamp....year ?

6. ProfGumby

ProfGumby

Jan 15, 2007
    Michigan's U.P.
    Here are new images..

The date stamp is clearly pictured this time and reads that it was manufactured May 5 2008. The S/N is pretty much CGS080401**2. I omitted the rest like everyone else does...I don't know why...
    :bassist:
    Here is a link to the album on Photobucket -
    http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z12/ProfGumby/Squier CV neck/

And I cannot stress enough that the ONLY reason I am selling this neck is I do not like the profile of the back of the neck. I love the neck, it has a beautiful fretboard, I love the narrow vintage type frets and the whole deal. And the job pablomigraine did making the back of the neck smooth and satin finished is fantastic! It is truly a smooth fast neck. I just cannot get into the shallow profile of the neck. This is the same neck profile that put me off Fender in the first place.

Oh I can play it, but compared the the rest of the necks on my basses, and especially compared to the neck I just put on the CV? Well, let's just say there are enough people out there that do like this neck, so have at it!
    2ndsetCVNeck002.jpg
    :D

7. ProfGumby

ProfGumby

Jan 15, 2007
    Michigan's U.P.
    You read it in the title bar...I come home from dinner and a play and have a pm to buy waiting! Good night tonight!
    :D

8. ProfGumby

ProfGumby

Jan 15, 2007
    Michigan's U.P.
    The neck is off on its way to Pennsylvania tomorrow....SOLD

:hyper:

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 24, 2020

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.