1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS:Squier James Johnston Jazz & Essex jazz

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by VincentGrim, Jul 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VincentGrim

VincentGrim Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2008
    So, I just got a thunderbird and I find I am using it for literally every situation and I need money, so my wonderful jazz basses gotta go. First up is the Essex:

P5150126.

[DEL]Pretty great bass, for the money or just plain great period. It is actually somewhat modded. Began life as an Ursa model, but I got a oldschool neck for it (because they look wayyy better IMO). The original SX pickups, while awesome sounding, had a really bad case of getting clicking from the pole pieces, and I didn't like the mini pots, so I put in Fender MiM pickups and 250k CTS pots. The pots were too big for the holes in the control plate, so they sit underneath it with everything on full. Pretty easy and/or cheap thing to change, I just never got around to it because I think it looks awesome. The only other thing changed is that I put fender straplocks on it. Original parts are not included and are not available, has D'Addario nickels on it, will be well packed and shipped with a gigbag. In terms of condition, this one is a players bass, it has some nicks and dinks here and there, nothing that I can get to really show up with my sub-par camera. There is nothing serious or overly noticeable, just don't expect a pristine bass: $100+shipping CONUS[/DEL]

Next, The Squier James Johnston Signature Jazz:
    P5150130.
    P5150132.
    P5150131.
    Not much to say, this bass is wonderful and beautiful in every single way, it sounds amazing, it is the best jazz bass I have encountered and I will miss it. It is all original, as I've dared not change a thing. If I could afford to keep it I would, but my out-dated car and computer will soon kick the bucket. She's got a fresh set of GHS boomers and ships with a 50th anniversary TKL case. The case is not free and it is all priced accordingly, so if we want to not get the case we might be able to work something else, but I'd much, much rather send this bass off as well protected as possible. In terms of condition, both the bass and the case are 9/10: $300+shipping CONUS

No trades, you can try, but unless you've got a really sick precision you want to part with, I'll probably say no. On that note, I will say that I have no interest in trading the SX jazz for a cheap precision. I'd do the Squier or both of them for something awesome, or MAYBE the amber vintage modified squier+cash for my Squier, but I will want to keep my case if a trade is worked out. Thanks!!

2. MarkoYYZ

MarkoYYZ Commercial User

Jan 31, 2012
    Toronto
    Hammersmith Music
    Love the matching headstock on the Johnston signature.

Not looking to buy a Jazz at the moment, but here's a bump for a somewhat unique bass. GLWTS.

3. VincentGrim

Aug 17, 2008
    Thanks! The photos definitely don't quite do it justice!

Bump!

4. VincentGrim

Aug 17, 2008
    Bump!

So, kinda debating keeping the Squier, if anyone wants it, the time to act is now. Remember, I willll sell it for a reduced price without the hardcase, but you gotta ask me about it.

And lets drop the SX down to $90+1/2 the shipping. :)

5. PM sent on SX Jazz.

6. VincentGrim

Aug 17, 2008
    All pm's responded to, SX appears to be gone pending payment, and some interest in the Squier. Come and get it people! :)

7. VincentGrim

Aug 17, 2008
    SX jazz is gone, bump!

8. troyus

troyus

Apr 9, 2008
    San Diego, CA.
    I am pursuing the JJ Bass.

9. VincentGrim

Aug 17, 2008
    Trying to figure out the exact weight for Troy (proving to be a chore). In the meantime, bump!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.