1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: Squier VM Jazz Bass w/upgrades and HSC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by myke.nytemare, Apr 27, 2009.

1. I have a Squier Vintage Modified Jazz bass that I purchased late last year. I have only played it at one acoustic gig and it really is in excellent condition.

The pickguard still has the protective plastic on it and I have upgraded the wiring/shielding. Also included is a Squier-branded hardshell Jazz Bass case (which I believe is a pretty rare find).
    The case is definitely road worn...it has some sticker residue, some corrosion, and two broken hinges. It however is nice on the inside and protects the bass well.

So, again, here is what you get:

-Squier VM Jazz Bass which was given a set-up and has no serious playability or manufacturing/construction issues.
    -Completely copper-foiled pickguard & several coats of shielding paint in the routing/cavities (in addition to the factory paint and grounding)
    -"star grounding": no grounding to pots, all grounds to a central point in the control cavity!
    -2 CTS Audio Taper pots (Volume) and 1 CTS Linear Taper pot (Tone), a switchcraft jack and cloth wiring.
    -Fender Control plate and 3 new chrome barrel knobs (set screw type)

The only issue with the bass is that when I replaced the electronics I used a real Fender Jazz Bass Control Plate and it does not meet up with the pickguard like the original Squier plate did. I have included a picture of that area so you can see what I mean.
    It obviously does not affect playability or any functions of the bass. Just stating it in the interest of full disclosure!

Bass costs at least $299+tax new (at the moment)without the upgrades and hardshell case! Just looking to get back what I paid for it since I am switching to short scale basses!

PRICE DROP!!!!!! 5/1 NEED TO SELL
    ******I only want $275 which includes shipping in the lower 48 states, the bass with the upgrades and the completely useable hardshell case (which will make sure the bass stays safe in transit)!

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Attached Files:

2. Heres a pic of the HSC

Attached Files:

3. pablomigraine

pablomigraine Commercial User

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    VP & Managing Director - Willcox Basses
    Any interest in a trade if I pay shipping both ways?

4. spcmstrbtasp

spcmstrbtasp

Oct 19, 2006
    Athens, GA
    Do you still have the original control plate?

5. Do not have the original control plate, it was damaged while redrilling it for the bigger CTS pots!

I am not currently interested in trades since I have too many bills!

6. Bump for a great playing/sounding primary or backup bass!