1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: Squier VM Precision 4-string Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by NortyFiner, Sep 1, 2016.

1. NortyFiner

NortyFiner Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Portsmouth VA USA
    Price:
    $250
    Strings:
    FOR SALE: One Squier Vintage Modified Precision 4-string bass.

Soft maple body, amber with black pick guard. 20-fret hard maple neck and fretboard.

Electronics are all original and work perfectly. The pickup is a Duncan Designed P pickup, which was basically Seymour's "generic" re-take on his SPB-1 pickup for Squier.

Original knobs and tuners. Upgraded with Zero Mod Thumb Rest, Fender straplocks and Gotoh 201 bridge; original Fender style hardware will be included if you want to swap them back out.

34" scale length. 1.625" nut, similar to other modern P basses.

Weighs about 9-9.5ish pounds on the bathroom scale.

Currently set up with old style Fender 9050M flats, which should last approximately forever. Strings will be loosened for shipping, so you will need to tune it on arrival. I have lots of extra strings, so I will include two packs of D'Addario and Dunlop rounds in case you don't like the flats.

This bass is in excellent visual condition, and works perfectly. There is one tiny nick in the varnish at the back corner of the neck pocket; it is invisible from the front of the bass, but I will try to capture it in a picture. This bass has been well cared for in a smoke free home.

Gig bag and Fender strap included.

This is an excellent first instrument package, and perfectly usable for gigging. I put a lot of effort into this instrument and love it dearly. I am only offering it for sale because I have X amount of gear, Y amount of space, and X > Y, so something's gotta give.

Shipping will be via UPS, professionally packed at my local UPS store. I have used them for a lot of items over the years and they have never let me down.

Pics below, and thanks for reading. :)

049.JPG 050.JPG 051.JPG 052.JPG 053.JPG 054.JPG

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    Farrin D, Burwabit, aaronious and 2 others like this.
  2. Kukulkan61

Kukulkan61 Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
    Nice!! I had one regret selling it, it's discontinued and hard to find and very popular..GLWYS

maverick49 likes this.
  3. maverick49

maverick49 Gold Supporting Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Southern California
    Me too! PMed.

Kukulkan61 likes this.
  4. NortyFiner

NortyFiner Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Portsmouth VA USA
    On hold pending deal. :)