1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS - Status Energy 4 string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mikezimmerman, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    attachment.

Selling a mid-90s Status Graphite Energy 4, made in the UK. Mahogany body with slim graphite-reinforced maple neck and rosewood fretboard. There's more information in an old review at http://www.statii.com/status_cats/reviews/2/index.html .

Plenty of honest playing wear on the body, and tone pot is a little scratchy, but plays and sounds great. Asking [DEL]$600[/DEL] $550 shipped with Status gigbag.

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1382410862.704260. ImageUploadedByTalkBass1382410892.803816.

2. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    These wood-necked Statii are fantastic. If things go right for me, I'll be in touch!
    If not, GLWTS.

3. mikezimmerman

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Thanks, rojo412! I forgot to mention, I'm really looking for cash, but might consider interesting trades...

4. mikezimmerman

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    I was asked for more detail on the condition of the bass, so thought I'd mention here as well.

There's some belt buckle type marking and finish wear on the back of the lower horn, and some small scratches on the back of the neck. The more significant marking is on the front--wear through the finish above the neck pickup and a couple of big dings below the tone knob and the output jack.

There's also a big scratch in the middle of the neck pickup cover. It all just appears to be playing wear rather than any sort of abuse, though.

This kind if finish wear on a thin satin finish is a little hard to photograph, but I'll try and post more pics if anyone is interested.

5. bassvirtuoso

bassvirtuoso My God, it's full of chrome! Gold Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2006
    Nebraska
    Bump for a good guy and a cool bass! I've played it, great bass with that Status tone!

6. mikezimmerman

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Thanks, Dave!

7. mikezimmerman

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Bump for price change!

8. mikezimmerman