1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: Status Jazz Neck Loaded

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by aproud1, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aproud1

aproud1 Don't surround yourself with yourself. Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    Up for sale is a basically new Status replacement Jazz neck. Fits standard Fender heel pocket. Was mounted on my 62 AVRI Jazz for one day I guess I'm one of the weirdo's who actually like a 7.25" Radius.

Neck is in almost perfect condition with no fret wear. There is a tiny rub at the top of the headstock not noticeable but it is there. Can't get it to show up in a picture. It is loaded with Gotoh Res-O-Lite GB528 tuners. Far and away the best tuners I've ever come across. Ultralight and super smooth.

Neck will ship Fedex with tuners, strig tree and adjustment wrench's for the neck and the tuners.

This is in my opinion the best replacement neck there is. The fretwork is impeccable. Setup this neck is capable of ultra low action and plays like butter.

tuner info:

http://www.mojotone.com/guitar-part...e-Bass-Machine-Head-Set-Nickel-4#.UIa6qsU0V8E

Neck info:

http://www.status-graphite.com/status/frames/index_home.html

Together with shipping this cost about $640

Yours for $475 shipped Paypal.

Some pics....

Status001_zps4b62232d.
    Status007_zps42e13b00.
    Status005_zps251aafac.
    Status002_zpsd2f98341.
    Status003_zpsc7137cd0.

2. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Super cool.

3. That's a nice looking neck and all, but why is it so expensive? For the same price I could buy an entire bass.

4. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    :eyebrow:

Heck, you could buy 5 basses for that...but I'll give you a clue as to the pricing. It's NOT made of wood!

5. aproud1

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    Carbon fiber and made in England. Plus it's super awesome and is guaranteed to make you a better person*.

*this in no way is guaranteed to make you a better person.

6. aproud1

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    Would consider partial trades for Jazz pickups.

7. JMac- Wiskerface Designs

JMac- Wiskerface Designs Terror headcase dude

Jul 8, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Dangit, just when I used My paypal funds for other stuff. I guess, that I'll have to wait on the sidelines until something else sells.

8. aproud1

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    This would be pretty sweet on a black Jaguar body....:bag:

9. JMac- Wiskerface Designs

JMac- Wiskerface Designs Terror headcase dude

Jul 8, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Oh yes, I know it would. :bawl:

I will have to do some more wheeling and dealing, to make it happen though. If it is still here at that point, I shall return to buy it.

10. marcberez

marcberez Supporting member

Jun 23, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    FreeBassJunky, please read the rules concerning posting on the Classified For Sale Section.

11. Lesfunk

Lesfunk Supporting Member

If you actually knew what you are talking about You wouldn't have posted this.
    ...Or you are just trolling
    Since you only have 74 posts I'll assume that your ingnorance is an honest mistake

That is a beautiful neck. I wish I had a use for it. I suspect It will go quickly.

12. satellite4

satellite4

May 23, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    Worth every penny...excellent choice on the tuners as well

13. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    I almost ordered a Status neck brand new from the UK last year. Figuring in their regular price, their rarity, the cost of shipping, import duties, and tuners, this is a bona fide steal of a deal. :D

14. aproud1

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    Thanks! This almost wound up on your ash body you had for sale but fiscal responsibility took over.:crying:

I would rather sell my Ibanez and keep this but one of them has to go and a neck without a body is like..... uh... a neck without a body.

Thanks! I have the GB640's on my jazz bass but the GB528's are even better still.

15. aproud1

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    Lots of trade offers. For pickups I'm looking for passive J pickups. Also would consider effects trades. Been gassing for a good chorus or multieffect...

16. Bottoms_Up!

Bottoms_Up! For the record, I don't love Raymond. Gold Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Boston, MA
    Do want!! PMed with a cash offer.

17. aproud1

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    Its yours. Sold!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.