1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS Status Jazz Neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Sundown1206, May 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sundown1206

Sundown1206

Jan 26, 2010
    Chicago
    Up for sale is a Status Carbon Fiber Graphite Jazz Replacement neck. Will fit Jazz Basses. It is perfectly straight, frets are great, sounds great, and weather won't affect it.

Here's the catch, it has major cracks all along the back of the headstock as my ex got upset over a card game and threw a tantrum. This was a year ago, I've been using the neck since and it doesn't hurt it's playability or sound or tuning or anything but looks. The cracks stop at the headstock and you won't feel them or see them while playing.

I plan to replace it with a real nice jazz neck so if you've got one for trade maybe we can work something out.

Otherwise I'm asking 300 shipped. A new one goes for around 500. conus and paypal please.

IMG_0541.

IMG_0540.

IMG_0539.

IMG_0538.

IMG_0537.

IMG_0536.

IMG_0535.

IMG_0534.

2. Pictures?

3. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    she must of went berzerk. my Ex threw my Steinberger down a flight of steps and not a scratch. different formula perhaps! gl.

4. Sundown1206

Sundown1206

Jan 26, 2010
    Chicago
    You got it!

5. Sundown1206

Sundown1206

Jan 26, 2010
    Chicago
    That's ridiculous! No all she did was stand it up, and drop it on its back. Over a game of rummy.

6. Sundown1206

Sundown1206

Jan 26, 2010
    Chicago
    Pm replied

7. Sundown1206

Sundown1206

Jan 26, 2010
    Chicago
    Bump

8. Sundown1206

Sundown1206

Jan 26, 2010
    Chicago
    Bump!

9. any pics other than the headstock?
    how's the weight on these necks?

10. Sundown1206

Sundown1206

Jan 26, 2010
    Chicago
    A few more pictures.

IMG_0505.

a61f5c40.

Right now the neck is at a shop. The sixteen screw holes are being filled black nice and clean so they are less noticeable. And american fender schaller tuners are being installed. The neck is still for sale/for trade, without the tuners, but now american tuners will be an easy install and any larger tuners will cover the american holes. They are supposed to do it friday, so if a deal is made before then and you dont want it done I can call it off.

I'm having this work done so that if nobody wants it, I will use it on my MIM Jazz Deluxe.

11. Awesome neck. I'd be worried about the stability of those cracks, though. Has the shop said anything about the cracks?

12. how's the weight on that bad boy, as compared to a regular Fender neck? And you have a quarter on the floor...

13. Sundown1206

Sundown1206

Jan 26, 2010
    Chicago
    The cracks are only in the finish, there for do not affect the neck itself. The headstock will not crumble apart one day because of the cracks or anything lol and the Carbon Fiber layers are not cut either, they are in tact.

Third Coast Guitar is a very nice shop that specializes in repair in Chicago. They agree the cracks are not in the neck itself, only the finish. They agreed to fill the cracks so they wouldnt be cracks anymore, though they would still be visible. I said no because I'd rather keep my $75 dollars since the cracks arent dangerous.

Mr.Green from Status Graphite said if the cracks aren't in the neck, they can't hurt the neck. Third Coast confirms its not in the neck.

SO, the cracks are just bad looks, they wont harm the neck. The only thing I could worry about is water getting inside, but I'm not that worried at all about that.

Mr.Green offered to refinish it for around $300.
    Third Coast Agreed to fill it for $75
    My brother who specializes in Carbon Fiber and makes parts for high end cars such as Lotus, said he would refinish it for free. But him being my brother, would have it laying in his shop for months. Heh.. Brothers :/

Anywho, there you have it, the neck itself is fine, and like I said, I'll be using it if nobody buys it. and as for the cracks spreading, they already hit the end of the sides, they have no where to go.

14. Sundown1206

Sundown1206

Jan 26, 2010
    Chicago
    I'm not sure, I sent Mr.Green a message asking, if he doesn't answer I'll weigh it when it is here, though the tuners will be on it. It's a tad bit lighter though I'll say from memory. Not a huge ammount lighter, just a bit.

The real plus isn't in weight, but in the fact that weather won't have it warp or bend, and there are no dead spots.

15. Sundown1206

Sundown1206

Jan 26, 2010
    Chicago
    Late night bump

16. Oh! Another question! How is this mounted to a body? Does it have the threaded inserts (or is that Moses that does that?) or do you screw it into the material like you would on a wood neck?

17. Sundown1206

Sundown1206

Jan 26, 2010
    Chicago
    You screw right in. They put a block of wood down there for you to do so.

18. alembicguy

alembicguy I operate the worlds largest heavey equipment Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Minnesota
    Confused.... Is this selling then with tuners and string tree installed?

19. Sundown1206

Sundown1206

Jan 26, 2010
    Chicago
    No just the neck

20. Sundown1206

Sundown1206

Jan 26, 2010
    Chicago
    Will reply to pms later tonight. At work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.