1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Steinberger XQ-25A, 5-string bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BluesWalker, May 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BluesWalker

BluesWalker Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    I am selling my Steinberger XQ-25A five string bass guitar. The descriptor is: XQ = body type, 2 = two PUPs, 5 = 5-string and A = active electronics. This is an XQ verson 2 body type: version 1 was more clunky and heavier.

I have owned this bass for about 1.5 years. It was my main bass for the first year I owned but has been replaced by my Status Streamline 5-string. Since I only like to have one bass at a time, the Steinie is for sale.

I purchased the bass from a Gibson/Steinberger employee. According to him and the experts at Steinberger world, this bass was manufactured in the late '90s. Also according to the experts at Steinberger World, the late 90's XQ basses are as good if not better than those made in the early 90s. They are made to the same specs, etc. and although manufactured by Gibson, production was overseen by ex-Steinberger employees to exacting Steinberger specs and QC (from my experience with Synapses, the same cannot be said for recent Steinies.) Collectors will differ as they base their decisions on historical values (an early 90s version is for sale on e-bay for $3500 and one recently sold for $2000).

There are no noticeable blemished on the basses. There are a couple of small dings. They do not penetrate or crack the finish and are not noticeable unless you look very, very closely.

Some Bass specifics:

* 5-string, strung with Status Graphite Nylon coated double ball round wound strings
    * 2 EMG Pickups
    * Active Electronics, 18V, HAZ Labs dual tone active electronic boards
    * Color = Translucent Honey Burst
    * XQ version 2 body design, I believe it is Swamp Ash wood.
    * Moses graphite neck. Note this neck has a truss rodd, unlike basses with Steinberger necks. Most modern graphite necks (Modulus, Status, etc) have a truss rod: while graphite necks are very stable they are not impervios to movement. I have never needed to adjust the neck of this bass.
    * 3 control knobs: volume, pickup blend, stacked treble/bass
    * Steinberger Soft Case
    * Serial Number on Neck: STEINBERGER USA N001842
    * Medium frets, no noticeable fret wear
    * Current setup has medium-low action. Intonation is spot-on.

$1100 including shipping anywhere in CONUS. It will be fully insured. Alaska and Hawaii buyers ask first so I can figure out the increased shipping cost. I will not ship outside the US.

Packaging will be very robust.

2. BluesWalker

Jun 17, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Let me know if you want additional information or other pictures.

3. BluesWalker

Jun 17, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Also note I have sold several items on TalkBass and a few hundred in e-bay, including 7 bass guitars. My e-bay feedback is 100% (229 responses), you can check with my e-bay user name dbhedd.

4. xrob

xrob

Feb 12, 2003
    Northern VA
    PM sent. Thank you.

Rob

5. BluesWalker

Jun 17, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Still available. There has been interest but it has not yet been sold.

6. Soliterd

Soliterd

May 9, 2010
    Moscow
    ohh.. if you could ship to Russia.

Good luck in selling, anyway.

7. BluesWalker

Jun 17, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Bump

8. BluesWalker

Jun 17, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Price drop and last bump before it goes to e-bay.

9. BluesWalker

Jun 17, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    This is going to e-bay today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.