1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: Sterling by Music Man Ray34 Classic Active Electric Bass Mint

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by David Henry, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sterling by Music Man Ray34 Classic Active Electric Bass Guitar in Mint Finish with Gig Bag.

$450 + shipping. Ships double boxed and insured to USA only. PayPal OK.

In near new, near mint condition with only a couple hours of play time in my non-smoking home. It does have some very light pick marks on the pickup cover and pick guard. I removed the clear protective plastic from the pickguard. I replaced the stock strings with Roto Sounds as they are my favorite.

Includes all original accessories: heavy duty gig bag, adjustment wrenches, all the case candy and box.

Info from Music Man:
    Old-school vibe and looks for the vintage enthusiast, with high-fidelity and better playability.
    New for 2011, Ray34 Classic Active Series electric bass guitar has a lightweight slab body with no belly or forearm contours. The glossy, amber-tinted neck features a narrow 38 mm nut width; 34" scale; and 21 thin, vintage-style frets. The finish is a hard glossy coat that exudes the vibe and look of an older instrument.

The Music Man-designed 2-band active preamp features volume, treble, and bass controls. The preamp and pickup were re-voiced for this model for a more organic feel and are noise-free. The cool mint green finish is complemented by a white pickguard and rosewood fretboard.

Features
    • Lightweight ash body
    • Slab body styling (no forearm & belly contours)
    • Glossy tinted neck finish
    • 38 mm nut width
    • 34" scale
    • Classic active 2-band preamp
    • Classic Ray34 pickup with alnico polepieces
    • Rosewood fingerboard
    • 19 mm string spacing

More pics here: StingRay - a set on Flickr

2. amstudio

amstudio

Jul 3, 2010
    Medley, Fl