Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SOLD FS: Stingray and Sterling neck and body

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Mental Octopus, Mar 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    MusicMan stingray:

Black finish, black pickguard
    Rosewood board
    It has one ding on the neck (does not effect playability) and two chips in the finish on the back undersides of the body.
    It is an awesome bass and I have been using it almost exclusively for the past 2 years, but I am going passive so this needs to go.
    $740 shipped with a gig bag!

Sterling Body and Neck:

I bought this off of someone and I was looking to fit up with some electronics, but I never got around to it.

The body has been refinished to translucent brownish...i'm not sure what type it is but it was not applied smoothly in some places. It is very lightweight. It comes with the bridge, pickguard, and input jack.

The neck had the same finish and I sanded down the back of it so it felt better. There is no logo on the headstock, it was probably sanded off because I think the bass had a matching headstock before it was refinished. I cleaned up the frets and the bass played so great, but I am more of a stingray guy and i prefer rosewood, so i want to pass this on.

....ON HOLD....

I am also selling the pickup that was in this bass in another thread, if you want the body and neck with the pickup i will work out a nice deal for you.

no trades, i have my eye on something.

2. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    PICS, if you want more I will email them to you just give me your address.

Attached Files:

3. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    bump

4. aarono

aarono

Feb 14, 2006
    Minnesota
    Case or no case included?

5. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    for the stingray, yes.

sterling parts, no.

6. aarono

aarono

Feb 14, 2006
    Minnesota
    I'm thinking of either going for your Stingray or another guys Sterling. Both are great instruments. I'm going to post verbatim what I said in his thread:

I'm currently using a Jay Turser (booo), and I just spent over $1,000 on a cab/amp/pre, so I'm sort of limited on purchasing power. What's the lowest you'd possibly accept and we can work from there?

7. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    $750 plus shipping is as low as i am going on this. this does include the case.

8. aarono

aarono

Feb 14, 2006
    Minnesota
    Alright, when you said OBO I thought you'd be willing to bargain a bit. I'll think about it though.

9. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    ah im really sorry i edited my price the other day and forgot to take the OBO part out. my bad.

10. aarono

aarono

Feb 14, 2006
    Minnesota
    Thanks for clarification.

Is it possible you would take a few monthly/bi-weekly/etc. payments? This would allow me to sell off some stuff.

11. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Put that Sterling neck on that Stinray body and you have a sexy bass.

12. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    they don't fit together

13. xparis001

xparis001 Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Worcester, ma
    Product Manager, Akai Professional
    what year is that stingray? you might be able to just take the battery out and run it passive if its a newer one...

14. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    this is true...but i need a change of pace and i have my eye on a 2 band stingray as well as a jazz bass

15. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    lowered prices

16. Can you tell me what the price would be for the Sterling including the pickup....Gene.

17. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    i have somebody locally that wants the pickup, if the deal falls through i will figure out a price.

-eric

18. aarono

aarono

Feb 14, 2006
    Minnesota
    Eric,

I may be interested in your Stingray again. I found a guy who needs to sell his off for $700 OBO, but he's not replying. Your prices are pretty close so if he doesn't reply within a couple days I may be interested again.

19. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    Any interest in trading your Stingray for a '71 Ibanez Artist Custom Guitar? It needs a new bridge & tailpiece.

20. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    sorry i need the cash right now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.