1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: Stingray Neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Mental Octopus, Apr 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    Before any Stingray purists flame me for selling the neck, let me just state my reasoning...I bought a graphite neck from Status for a project that I was doing with another Stingray body. The side of my car got killed last night by a hit and runner..fixing it will most likely deplete most or all of the $ i saved for this project. So, I have decided to use the bass that this neck was attached to for the graphite neck. I need $$$ realllllly badly and I will most likely never use the neck again once the graphite is bolted on, so here I go:

This neck was matched up with a 1988 Stingray body, and the date stamp indicates that this neck was finished on March 9, 1988. When bolted on, the neck played great and I got some nice low action...so the truss and everything works fine. Cosmetically, this isn't the best. There are some light dings and chips on the back of the neck..these do not affect playability. The edge of the headstock has some dings and scratching as well. There is some birdseye figuring on the back and the finish has yellowed a bit...giving it a nice vintage look.

The frets are in ok shape. 1-7 has noticable wear, and a few more have some as well...but I think it'll be a couple of years before you have to start thinking of any sort of fret work...the bass played and set up fine for me.

The musicman tuners and neck screws will be included with the neck.

****SOLD****

IMG_1770.
    IMG_1769.
    IMG_1780.
    IMG_1708.

***note, these are not my pictures and they are by the previous owner of the bass. I do not own a camera...so if you want more pics it might take me a day or 2 for me to mooch one.

2. RoVaughn

RoVaughn

Oct 8, 2005
    PM SENT

3. I will start the bidding Bob... $1!

Free bump, If I had something to put this on it would be sweet! If my jazz bass had a 4 bolt pattern other than 3 bolt, it would be kinda cool if the holes matched up... JazzRay anyone? :smug:

Peace,

4. Jackkoon

Jackkoon Banned

Feb 22, 2006
    Tucson, AZ
    Yeah, how much Bobby?

5. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    SOLD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.