1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: Subdecay Prometheous Resonant Filter

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by fishtx, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    ----SOLD----

I have a Sub Decay Prometheous Resonant Filter for sale in pristine condition (with some velcro on the bottom). I don't have the original box, but no major scratches or scuffs...it looks great.

Here are the notes from the Sub Decay website:

- Loads of headroom
    - Reasonable size (measures about 3.7x4.7 inches)
    - Highpass, Bandpass, and Lowpass filtering with adjustable intensity (resonance)
    - Forward and reverse envelope following
    - Sample/Hold step filtering based on 3 different wave forms.
    - No special power supplies required. Operates with a single 9 volt battery or standard 9 volt adapter.

All that and it has some "hidden features" as well:

- The LFO rate can be adjusted to run much faster than the the step rate. This can be used to create very interesting arpeggiation.
    - The Depth knob can push the filter cutoff frequency outside of the audio range. This can be useful to create a slow attack effect.
    - The step rate can be turned up high enough for smooth modulation. This can be used to create and autofilter effect, that can sound similar to a phaser or tremolo.
    - A fixed filter effect is possible by turning the depth knob down all the way, and using the Frequency knob to set the filter cutoff.

I will take $200 shipped in the ConUSA (paypal)

Thanks guys,

Gerry

2. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Damnit... I'll take it. PM'd.

3. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    PM responded too!

4. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    SOLD....

5. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Gimme gimme! :D

6. fightthepower

fightthepower

Jan 7, 2008
    San Diego
    Hollow Man is stackin' up on the goods! Another nice score, I really like the Prometheus- I don't use the step filter side, but I really dig the character of the the envelope filter. Very clean and touch sensitive. Not wet and funky, but more spacey and it really moves where your fingers tell it to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.