Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: Summit DI, Peavey DPC1000, Trace V-type, Mesa Rack, Tune bass

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by junglebike, Aug 31, 2003.

1. junglebike

junglebike Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    Hey guys! Bunch of stuff here for sale after a long buying/selling/testing spree. I'll have pics available if you want 'em, and if I have time I'll post them here. I might consider trades for a nice fretted 4 or 5. I'd love a good p-bass. No amplification gear needed.

Here's what I got:

1. Summit Audio TD-100 Tube DI box. Perfect, hardly used. Unregistered, so you might be able to get the warranty if you fill out the card. In original box, etc. Wonderful unit, very clear with a hint of tube warmth. Check out sound on sound -- they did a review of it. Comparable to Avalon U5. $350 + shipping

2. My whole pre/power setup: Peavey DPC 1000 amp, with a Trace Elliot V-type all-tube preamp. Check basstasters.com for Trace samples. I've got these units in a 2U Mesa rack bag. A 1000W setup that weighs only 25lbs or so! Will sell the whole thing for $600 + shipping, or $400, $250, $50 for the Peavey, Trace, and Mesa (plus shipping)

3. Tune Bass Maniac fretted 4-string, with new active EMG P/J pickup set. A few dings and a chip or two, but great frets and very easy playing. Thin jazz-style neck. Originally sold for $1000+, I'll sell for $300 + shipping.

Please e-mail with questions.

2. junglebike

Feb 14, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    Bump for photo of the rack. Anyone? I'm really gassin' for a P-bass (particularly a recent American...)

3. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    How many watts per channel is the PV into 8 ohms?

4. junglebike

Feb 14, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    You know, I've never been able to find specs on that, even in the manual. It's 1000W into 8ohms bridged, 500wpc into 4ohms. I'd guess 300-350 into 8, but I haven't been able to find out for sure...

5. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Hmm. Will you consider any trades (or trades + cash) besides the Fender P?

6. junglebike

Feb 14, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    Well, you can always e-mail me with what you've got, but I've got a new house so I can't get *too* much frivolous stuff :rolleyes:

right...

Actually, a powered PA speaker would be nice, or some decent monitors. try me...

7. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    E-mail and PM sent :bassist:

8. Justyn

Justyn Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    you've got PM regarding the V-Type.

J.

9. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    300 bucks for a Tune Maniac is RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!

Somebody jump on that. That's a hell of a bass for a sick price!!!

10. WesW

WesW <>< Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2002
    St Joe Beach, FL
    Do you have a pic of the Tune....?

11. junglebike

Feb 14, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    Here are some Tune photos.

Tune Pics

Was gonna keep it, but now I'm thinking I'll sell it again, as my MIA P-bass is just kickin' booty... might get an essex P for work practice.

Get it quick before I change my mind again. It's worth way more than I'm asking...

BTW, the DI is sold, and I'd only consider a good trade for the head setup. I gigged with it tonight, and it was FAT, so don't try and get me to trade for something that's crap. :p

12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Something wrong with your pics. When you click on an image to zoom in, nothing comes up.

"so don't try and get me to trade for something that's crap."

What's that all about?

-Mike

13. junglebike

Feb 14, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    Darn... I just tried it myself and it worked fine for me. Anyone else have this problem?

Just kiddin' around, kinda. I think it's good to let people know if you're desperate or not. I've gotten some pretty silly trade offers before (I've probably made a few, too :D )

let me know if you can get the pics to work!

pete

14. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Hey bro....the pic problem was on my end....after that last computer virus, i loaded up on the newest anti-virus stuff...now it blocks just abotu everything on my computer...

i turned it all off, and the pics came up swell

-Mike