Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: sweet Zon fretted 6

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by slombovia, Dec 12, 2003.

1. slombovia

slombovia

Jul 15, 2003
    Utah
    I am a determined follower of Jesus Christ and am a Mormon.
    halversenfam@mstar2.net

FOR SALE: Zon Sonus Special 6-string
    Condition: Excellent
    Asking Price: $1995 US obo

It kills me but I have decided to sell my Zon. A roof over my kids heads is more important (been out of work for 5 months with just a couple gigs) and 75% of my gigging is fretless these days. This is my fretted Zon w/gig bag AND ultra-light case.

6-string with upgraded, figured, bee's-wing bubinga top. If you go to the Zon site, the bubinga shown there is less figured than mine. Nice piece of ash on the back too. EXTREMELY playable! First 6 I played that did not fight back. Low action. Fast, slender neck. Awesome tone. Very mid-centered with articulate lows but high notes that blend in nicely without sounding thin. This bass is a dream. I will miss it. A couple small dings.

List for this bass is $3,895 US without the upgraded top or extra ultra-light case which was $150 extra IIRC. Gimme a shout with questions or for pix. Thanks.

Because these basses are B markups, this would be a steal. A dealer would pay around $2500 for all this and then mark it up for you new. I reserve the right to wait for a buyer I feel good about.

All the bass,
    Tom

halversenfam@mstar2.net

2. slombovia

slombovia

Jul 15, 2003
    Utah
    ...doesn't do it justice but gives you an idea.

3. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    Hi Tom, you have an e-mail, I'm the guy with the Zon 5 for sale.

4. slombovia

slombovia

Jul 15, 2003
    Utah
    ...with a little bit o spalt (?) in the swamp ash

5. slombovia

slombovia

Jul 15, 2003
    Utah
    ...so if you are at all interested, let me know.

thx
    tom

6. slombovia

slombovia

Jul 15, 2003
    Utah
    I traded with membranophone for his Elrick. Now I gotta sell a couple beater fives. If you're in the intermountain west and want a beater five with EMGs for a couple bills let me know.