FS: SWR Head Gr8 Shape $275 Shipped (to lower 48 states)!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Quadzilla, Feb 2, 2005.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Hello all,

As a bunch of you may already know (from my posts) I have a new head ordered. I'm now going to have to sell my trusty old head. I've had it for a while now, never gigged with it (practice only). All knobs, switchs, inputs, outputs, lights work and are there (no knobs missing). The previous owner never gigged it either and only thing he had done was to replace a scratchy gain pot. Sounds beautiful. It's very loud for it's rated wattage.

I've been a supporting member here since 2/2002. Most of you know that I'm an honest, straight-forward guy. I also have 75 positive feedbacks (both buy and sell FB) on Ebay (no this head is not on Ebay yet).

Now about the head. It's an "old school" WM 300 (made in the U.S. I believe unlike the new SWR stuff bought by Fender and being made in Mexico). It put's out a max of 340 watts @ 2.6 ohms. These were made 1996 - 1999 according to SWR's site ( http://www.swrsound.com/products/vintage.html ) It's light weight at 18 lbs, rack mountable and has KILLER tone. It has no fan which = no noise (made this way at the factory). More specs:

The second Workingman's rack mountable amplifier introduced in 1994. The Workingman's 300 was upgraded and renamed (Workingman's 4004) in 1999. Features include: Discrete solid state front end Hi and low sensitivity 1/4" inputs, Gain control with LED peak clipping indicator, Aural Enhancer Control, 5 band EQ section, 80 Hz (Bass), 160 Hz (Low Mid), 400 Hz (Mid), 800 Hz (Hi Mid), 3KHz (Treble), Footswitchable Mid Range, Variable Limiter, Speaker on/off switch, Effects Blend Control, Headphone Jack, Sidechain effects loop, Balanced XLR Output, (2) 1/4" Speaker Outputs.

Power Output:
    340 Watts RMS @ 2.6 Ohms
    270 Watts RMS @ 4 Ohms
    160 Watts RMS @ 8 Ohms
    Weight: 18 lbs
    Size: 19"W x 3.625"H x 10.625"D

Some would argue (me included) that the older WM heads like mine, were put together with more care than the newer ones not to mention that my head weighs a good bit less than the model that replaced it. I also have A/B the 4004 against mine. Not much of a difference on volume and I prefer the sound of mine ever so slighty (IMHO). Plus mine will go down to 2.6 ohms but the 4004 is only rated to go down to 4 ohms (for those of you with multi cabs).

I only have one shot to post here at work, but will take more pics (close up) and post when I get home. The rack bag and rack tuner (and bass and cabs, etc) are not included in this deal, just the head. First one that PM's me and puts $275 in my Paypal account gets a head shipped to them (insured shipping) before the weekend. Sorry, no trades...

Thanks all!

Click on thumbnail below to enlarge picture
  2. Quadzilla

Here is a closer up pic. Like I said before, she's in great shape and sounds awesome! As you can see, even the paint is still good with all switch and knob labels still fully intact. Thanks again! :bassist:
    Click on thumbnail below for bigger pic
  3. Quadzilla

Gotten a couple of inquiries of people asking me if I could do it for any lower. Tell you what, I'll lower it to $250 shipped and insured in the U.S. (lower 48 states) This is as low as I will go and will not go a penny lower! I know that I can sell 10 of these on Ebay at that price shipped (wish I had 10 of em) :) Anyway, I need to pay for my new head ASAP as it's due in today and my local music store accepts Paypal believe it or not! If I don't get any hits on here in the next 24 hrs, I'll be listing it on Ebay for a 3 day sale with a Buy it Now (with free shipping) to move it fast. I really need to get the cash for my new head ASAP.
  4. Quadzilla

5. fr0me0

Dec 7, 2004
    Winnipeg Canada
    hey i'm interested I'm building a 2X10 cab and need a head. Will you ship to canada if I pay the extra shipping costs?
  6. Quadzilla

Sure will. Need your postal code to estimate cost. Thx for the interest!
  7. Quadzilla

Friday night bump. This head will be going on Ebay soon.. Thanks!
  8. malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    No it won't. PM sent.

9. Quadzilla

fr0me0 got it! Thanks all!