1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS SWR Interstellar Overdrive Preamp original blue faced model

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by FilCo, Oct 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FilCo

FilCo Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ.
    Hey everybody. Up for sale is my SWR Interstellar Overdrive preamp. This one is the original, early production blue face model. It is in great shape, and everything works properly. It has pretty typical scratches from normal use and rack mounting, and the right rack ear is just slightly bent. Probably a 7 or 8 out of ten cosmetically. Sounds dreamy though. It seems like these pretty rarely come up for sale. I have downsized, so I am letting go of all of my rack gear.

How about $599 shipped, obo. Feel free to hit me with trade offers. Thanks!

PA170451.

PA170452.

PA170453.

PA170454.

PA170455.

PA170456.

PA170457.

PA170458.

PA170459.

PA170460.

2. FilCo

FilCo Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ.
    Added some pics.

3. FilCo

FilCo Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ.
    Just had a question from another TBer. He asked if this is a signed model from Don Butler, and it turns out that it is. Inside the case, next to the tube location, it is marked #67, 2/9/94, D.B. Thought that was worth sharing.

4. Tapp

Tapp

Aug 29, 2001
    USA, Mississippi
    What is the Don Butler connection?? I've heard that Don is a Vox tube amp guru but I've never heard that he worked with SWR?

5. FilCo

FilCo Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ.
    I'm not sure exactly. My search indicates that he was the head technician for SWR for about 9 years early on. I don't know much more than that.

6. RedLeg

RedLeg Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Kaiserslautern, Germany
    Nov Shmoz Ka Pop?
    I owned the 2nd gen version and regret selling it. I too downsized before class d power amps became mainstream. This thing paired with a peavey IPR or an amplite would be a light weight 90's dream. GLWS!

Footswitch is available?

7. FilCo

FilCo Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ.
    Sorry, I don't have a footswitch for it. Thanks for the question!

8. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    Just a heads up: There is a music shop near me that has one of those in stock. I can get the price info, if you're interested. The store is only about 5-10 minutes drive from me. ;)

9. FilCo

FilCo Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ.
    Bump

10. FilCo

FilCo Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ.
    Sold on eBay. Thanks everyone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.