1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS - SWR SM-500

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by the feebler elf, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I had this up for sale a few months back, but decided to keep it after the buyer had to back out.

So.....once again, up for sale is my SM-500. I've had it for a year or so, and it's in perfect cosmetic and working condition. It's been used for one performance, and a handful of practices. I'm selling because I've got a Mesa 400+ on the way, and I'd like to try a pre/power setup as my secondary.

Set flat, this amp is very bright, but it's easy to dial in whatever else you need using the flexible semi-parametric EQ - and this thing cuts through like nobody's business. The thing I like most about this amp is its transparency - if I want to know what one of my basses REALLY sounds like, I plug it into this guy. It brings out the natural characteristics of my basses better than any other I've played.

A few pics -

000_0487.

000_0488.

I'm asking $500 plus shipping. The only trade I would be interested in is a preamp (BBE, RBI, similar) + cash trade.

Feel free to ask any questions, or request more pics.

Thanks!

2. After a little thought and a quick search, I realized that my asking price is higher now than it was a few months ago......:p

$475 plus shipping

I'm Ron Burgandy?

3. soholounge

soholounge

Aug 11, 2004
    Colorado
    i love this amp.
    if i didn't already have one, i'd buy this one.
    someone get it.

4. vision

vision It's all about the groove!

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Endorsing Artist: MTD Basses, La Bella Strings, and 64 Audio IEMs
    This is a great amp, at a REALLY good price! Someone jump on it quick!

5. Seattle_BassMan

Seattle_BassMan

Mar 22, 2006
    PM Sent...

6. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Peeeee Emmmed

7. Trade pending....:hyper:

8. kingjere

kingjere