1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: SWR SM-900

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by iriegnome, Apr 16, 2009.

1. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
  2. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    I am leaving for Indiana for 2 days. Any messages will be returned after that. Sorry for the inconvenience.

3. BuckoSama

BuckoSama

Jun 30, 2008
    Plattsburgh, NY
    So I assume that this would be an ideal match for my Goliath II - certainly better the the Peavey Tour 450 that I have now... I need to compete with my guitarist's 180 Watt Fender Super Twin Reverb. The Peavey tried, but it's not quite up to where I need it.

We play sort of rock/electronicish dance music (think The Disco Biscuits, if you're familiar), and I use a Rickenbacker with a lot of effects. I don't really know much about how these amps sound, but I'm interested. Can you fill me in a little bit as to whether you think this would be a good choice for me? It'd only be my second head unit, so I'm a little new to this, and I'd appreciate your help.

I assume all is in good working order, etc.

Thanks!

4. Count Bassie

Count Bassie Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    Hey, I played one of these heads through a Goliath III cab, and it was smokin'! Real nice, real big sound- I loved it. Hi-Fi but you can get the old-school thing too. I tried to buy the rig from the guy... well not that hard because I knew he really dug it. Also I was poor!

I'd say go for it. I'm only a bystander, but there's an experience for you. It will kill a room- slam! All dead. :)

5. BuckoSama

BuckoSama

Jun 30, 2008
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Thanks! I'm gonna pull the trigger unless someone got in a PM before me.

6. Count Bassie

Count Bassie Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    Good luck. The EQ is something to get hold of, by the way, but worth a little time spent.

7. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    PM's returned! By the way, I am using this hooked to a Golliath II and a Big Ben...
    Tons of power

8. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    Sold Pending payment arrival.